Welcome to A+ PC Assembly Fundamentals from LearnSmart.
This course will help you validate you have mastered the technologies found in today’s extensive and varied IT environment to boost your career. This course series will also better qualify you for such jobs as computer systems analyst and information security specialist.
This course covers foundational knowledge of the principles, techniques, and tools needed to successfully prepare for CompTIA's A+ 220-901 Essentials & 220-902 Practical Application exams.
This is 1 Course in our 6 Course CompTIA A+ Series including:
- A+ PC Assembly Fundamentals
- A+ PC Components Fundamentals
- A+ Networking Fundamentals
- A+ Mobility with Portable Devices Fundamentals
- A+ Operating Systems Fundamentals
- A+ Security and Operational Procedures Fundamentals
This course is designed to prepare the student for the CompTIA 220-901 & 220-902. Students will look into PC assembly. Once in our course review our course map to see just how we align with CompTIA's A+ Certification in providing this training. Learn the main exam objectives by learning these key concepts we cover:
- Computer Components and Organization
- Assembly and Setup
- Device Connections
- Troubleshooting Motherboard, CPU, and RAM
- Troubleshooting Storage and RAID
Our lectures are paired with a variety of demonstrations and quizzes giving visual example and real world look of the concepts that will be talked about.
Our sections listed below are can be taken in any order, as a review of a particular concept or exam domain. However, if you are just becoming familiar with the pc assembly it is recommended that you view the courses sequentially.
Section 1: Gain an introduction to desktop computers by explaining what they are, what they do, and where they are located in your setup.
Section 2: This course is a step-by-step guide to all you need to know when assembling a PC and RAM, Windows 8 installation and BIOS and UEFI settings.
Section 3: Become familiar with many different device connections, how to connect them to your computer, and how to trouble the issues that may arise.
Section 4: Review troubleshooting some of the most common problems that may occur with the motherboard, CPU, and RAM.
Section 5: Learn how to troubleshoot HDD and RAID as well as become familiar with the troubleshooting tools at your disposal.
Learn from others! Here are some reviews from participants (Click on reviews to see full list of reviews)
- Great Material - This course is a great reference and way to refresh your skills for the new A+ exam! I needed a good refresh before taking the exam and this course is clearly laid out and copiously covers the material for the exam. Great course, well worth the money! -- M.B.
- Perfect Course - Not only do you get great lectures that are pretty much PowerPoints with an instructor teaching you the concepts, there are also Demo lectures that show you how each of the concepts works in real life. This is such valuable information to have when taking the test. I feel very confident that this course is the best course on Udemy. -- D.R. Jr.
- A Complete Jumpstart - What has impressed me the most is the depth of the content to this coarse. Each HD video is crystal clear in both the visual and audio, even including quality closed captioning (great for reading along with the lectures). I wasn't interested in the flashcards or the crossword puzzles when I started the program, but I've found them to be very useful in staying engaged in the class when away from home. This is everything you need to get started and have a classroom quality experience from home. Dive in and stay focused! -- P.C.