A+ 2016: Operating Systems Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Prepare for the CompTIA A+ 220-901 & 220-902 exam to become A+ Certified!
- Learn how the Windows operating system has evolved into what it is today and review the most important features.
- Review the different types of Windows installation, booting methods, and file formatting and partitioning.
- From Gpupdate to disk commands and administrative tools to display settings, gain an overview of what you can do with Window commands.
- Gain a thorough overview of the key features found in Mac and Linux operating systems and review their similarities, differences, advantages and disadvantages of each OS.
- Cover what you need to know about virtualization, client-side virtualization, and cloud computing with the benefits, features, and how to utilize the different features that are available.
- Review the key server roles and how respective servers are being used by network and system administrators on a day-to-day basis.
- Identify the symptoms to potential problems you may encounter and learn how to fix them.
- Apply your knowledge throughout the course with quick quizzes.
- Download extra printable and saveable flash cards, games, slideshows, and other supplemental materials for each lecture in our course.
- Participate in active discussions with other information technology students & participants becoming certified.
- A computer with Internet.
- This is 1 out of our 6 course "CompTIA A+ 900" series: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bU4vzmt_NyVnZRRFU1N3ROblU
Welcome to A+ Operating Systems Fundamentals from LearnSmart.
This course will help you validate you have mastered the technologies found in today’s extensive and varied IT environment to boost your career. This course series will also better qualify you for such jobs as computer systems analyst and information security specialist.
foundational knowledge of the principles, techniques, and tools needed to successfully prepare for CompTIA's A+ 220-901 Essentials & 220-902 Practical Application exams.
This is 1 Course in our 6 Course CompTIA A+ Series including:
- A+ PC Assembly Fundamentals
- A+ PC Components Fundamentals
- A+ Networking Fundamentals
- A+ Mobility with Portable Devices Fundamentals
- A+ Operating Systems Fundamentals
- A+ Security and Operational Procedures Fundamentals
This course is designed to prepare the student for the CompTIA 220-901 & 220-902. Students will look into operating systems procedures. Once in our course review our course map to see just how we align with CompTIA's A+ Certification in providing this training. Learn the main exam objectives by learning these key concepts we cover:
- Windows Operating Systems
- Troubleshooting PC OS
- Installing and Patching Windows OS
- Windows Command Line Tools
- Overview of Mac OS and Linux OS
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Server Roles and Threat Management
Our lectures are paired with a variety of demonstrations and quizzes giving visual example and real world look of the concepts that will be talked about.
Our sections listed below are can be taken in any order, as a review of a particular concept or exam domain. However, if you are just becoming familiar with the operating systems it is recommended that you view the courses sequentially.
Section 1: Learn how the Windows operating system has evolved into what it is today and review the most important features.
Section 2: Knowing the symptoms and what they mean is key in being able to fix the many problems you may encounter.
Section 3: Review the different types of Windows installation, booting methods, and file formatting and partitioning.
Section 4: From Gpupdate to disk commands and administrative tools to display settings, gain an overview of what you can do with Window commands.
Section 5: Gain a thorough overview of the key features found in Mac and Linux operating systems and review their similarities, differences, advantages and disadvantages of each OS.
Section 6: Cover what you need to know about virtualization, client-side virtualization, and cloud computing with the benefits, features, and how to utilize the different features that are available.
Section 7: Review the key server roles and how respective servers are being used by network and system administrators on a day-to-day basis.
Learn from others! Here are some reviews from participants (Click on reviews to see full list of reviews)
- Great Material - This course is a great reference and way to refresh your skills for the new A+ exam! I needed a good refresh before taking the exam and this course is clearly laid out and copiously covers the material for the exam. Great course, well worth the money! -- M.B.
- Perfect Course - Not only do you get great lectures that are pretty much PowerPoints with an instructor teaching you the concepts, there are also Demo lectures that show you how each of the concepts works in real life. This is such valuable information to have when taking the test. I feel very confident that this course is the best course on Udemy. -- D.R. Jr.
- A Complete Jumpstart - What has impressed me the most is the depth of the content to this coarse. Each HD video is crystal clear in both the visual and audio, even including quality closed captioning (great for reading along with the lectures). I wasn't interested in the flashcards or the crossword puzzles when I started the program, but I've found them to be very useful in staying engaged in the class when away from home. This is everything you need to get started and have a classroom quality experience from home. Dive in and stay focused! -- P.C.
Who this course is for:
- Looking to enhance your skills in the operating system?
- Are you an IT professional, computer systems analyst, or information security specialist? These concepts are key for these kind of professions.
- Please review our course map to see just how we align with CompTIA's A+ certification objectives and standards provided through this training: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bU4vzmt_Nyd29wNklvVlEtbjg
LearnSmart has served the learning community with high-quality professional skills and IT certification training since 1997. In that time, the company has helped thousands earn career-related certifications from respected vendors, such as Project Management Institute (PMI)®, Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, Oracle, and. LearnSmart offers over 1,000 courses covering IT, project management, administrative, HR, and workplace safety topics. With a rapidly growing clientele of individuals and corporations, LearnSmart serves a broad range of Fortune 500 companies to universities, as well as government institutions and the armed forces.
LearnSmart is able to meet diverse career and learning needs through its extensive selection of training. LearnSmart uses industry experts to give learners the most up-to-date content in a video format as well as training resources including; reference tools, pretests, study guides and labs. For more information about how we can help pinpoint and solve your individual or multi-user training challenges.
PMI is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.