IT Management: Essential Principles and Skills
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the 3 Ps of IT Management
- Spot areas that typically need the New IT Managers attention but are often overlooked
- Understand how to ensure all reports are accurate
- Limit and manage risk
- Understand that improvement takes time and be ready to work toward that goal
- You only need a desire to learn management mandatories in the data center arena and ears to hear to benefit from this course.
- A position in data center / I.T. management is helpful but not required.
Welcome to the world's first and only Udemy 101 level course on management of the information technology data center. This course will provide you with a clear, practical, and organized learning journey. You will learn the key data center management principles that many novice managers are unaware of and thus soon tarnish their reputation in todays complex, uncertain and rapidly-changing world of I.T. Join other students in their journey to learn how to become an indispensable and highly sought after manager in the high tech area of any company.
- 40+ clear and concise lectures and 5 quizzes on the key data center management principles you need to succeed
- Packed with practical examples from the instructor’s 30+ years working in the corporate world
- Contains many tips, explanations, and summaries
- Clear, practical, powerful, concise and best of all, inexpensive, join now and start learning about the management areas you need to excel at for your customers, your company, your department, your team, and you to be successful
- If you are newly promoted / hired as an IT Manager this course is for you!
- If you are working in the IT arena as an engineer, architect, developer, or an administrator and are looking to stand out from the crowd by understanding the concerns of IT management then this course will help you toward that goal.
- Using the collegiate scale as a guide this course will be a 300 level course. Please keep in mind that this is a 101 level course for IT Governance, which is an advanced topic within the umbrella of IT Management.
- If you are an experienced IT manager, the other students in the course will benefit from your insight into how the concepts and theories presented are implemented in your organization.
- If you are an IT Manager in a Fortune 50 organization this course is likely not for you. Your organization will have fully implemented and adopted the concepts and theories discussed throughout this course.
This lecture provides a brief overview of several key areas that you, as an I.T. Manager, must have a sharp focus on including:
- new vs old duties
- resources under your control
Your career in I.T. Management is not for the faint of heart. You will have to be prepared for change as the technology changes. Many technologies only have a 3-5 year shelf life meaning about the time a technology is implemented and adopted throughout an organization, it is time to prepare for upgrades or replacements.
This introduction lecture provides a brief overview of the areas many IT managers fail to address until they begin having problems. You will learn about your primary responsibility as well as the areas these responsibilities should be exercised.
This introduction lecture provides a brief overview of inventories that should be maintained by the IT department and tips for speeding up and completing these inventories.
Most IT managers think they know which applications they support only to be surprised when they discover new production applications their staff was supporting during an unplanned emergency. This lecture will give you tips and tricks to learn of these hidden applications in an organized fashion.
This introduction lecture provides an overview of some of the common areas where managers fail. Sometimes through no fault of their own.
This introduction lecture provides an overview of Audits. Ways that employees bypass controls is discussed along with one of the biggest reason many IT managers fail.