IT Leadership: Succeeding in the CIO/CTO/IT Director role
- 7 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Cultivate an IT leader mindset, so you fully appreciate the role of an IT leader
- Examine business strategy, so that IT is a part of strategic business discussions and decision-making
- Formulate and align IT strategy, so that IT demonstrates how it adds value to the organisation
- Organise the Enterprise Architecture (EA), so you a holistic and co-ordinated view of IT capabilities and assets
- Deliver project success, on a consistent basis, by addressing the root causes of project success and failure
- Govern IT responsibly, so IT decisions are made in a controlled and co-ordinated manner
- Build high-performance teams, so you get the best out of people and IT talent
- At least 10 years of professional IT experience
What are the skills and capabilities required to become an effective and outstanding IT leader?
This course is specifically designed for those already in, or are preparing for, the role of CIO/CTO/Director of IT or similar position.
You have at least 10 years of solid IT experience under your belt, if not more, but are in search of new knowledge, frameworks, ideas and practices to take yourself to the next level of capability and performance.
Surprise surprise, adding more technical knowledge isn't necessarily going to help you become any more effective as a leader. Rather, it's more about your ability to use IT to help solve business problems and create solutions that raise the performance bar for the organisation.
This unique course breaks IT leadership down into distinct, easy to digest modules:
- Cultivate the IT Leader mindset
- Examine Business Strategy
- Formulate and align IT Strategy
- Organise the Enterprise Architecture
- Deliver project success
- Sustain win-win outsourcing partnerships (coming soon!)
- Govern IT responsibly
- Build high-performance teams
Note: This course was originally designed as a graduate course for the MSc programme in Information Systems @ Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. This course, and variations of it used in executive programmes, has benefited hundreds of IT professionals and aspiring IT leaders. The course will be updated on a regular basis with new topics.
- IT professionals currently in, or preparing for, a senior IT leadership role such as CIO, CTO, Director of IT or similar
- Experienced consultants who advise clients on business-IT issues