IT Audit Fundamentals | Introduction to Controls
What you'll learn
- In this course, students will:
- Learn the purpose of IT audits and why they are conducted
- Learn about controls, the different types of controls, and the importance of controls
- Learn about the types of control testing and testing techniques
- There are no prerequisites for this course. This is a course for beginners.
This course is for beginners that are interested in a career in IT Audit, Compliance, Governance, Risk and Controls (GRC), or Cybersecurity. This course teaches the foundational principles that are needed for a successful career in the IT Audit and Compliance field.
This is a beginner level course for those that are new to IT Audit. However, the course is also valuable for those looking to refresh their basic knowledge about IT Audits. This course is not for those that do not need a foundational knowledge/refresher of IT Audits. See link in my profile for more information on other courses.
This course teaches the practical aspects of conducting IT audits and is not focused on the CISA certification. CISA aspirants can still benefit from taking this course because they will learn and better understand basic IT Audit concepts in preparation for the exam.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to understand some basic principles around IT Audit and Controls Testing.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
1. Understand what an IT Audit is
2. Understand what controls are and their importance
3. Understand the key elements of controls
4. Understand the different types of controls (including IT General Controls and Application Controls)
5. Understand how to select the correct sample size to test controls
Quizzes to reinforce learning objectives are included
Who this course is for:
- Beginners - Individuals interested in a career in IT Audit, Compliance, GRC, and Cybersecurity
My name is Peju and I'm the GRC Coach. You can find more information on my courses on the website listed in my bio.
GRC Coach is a US based brand with a mission to create practical, informative, and high quality courses for IT Audit, Cybersecurity, and Governance, Risk and Controls.
I have over 16 years of experience in the IT GRC field. This includes working for a Big4 accounting firm for 10 years. Responsibilities at the Big4 firm included teaching several IT Audit courses at the local and national levels with a focus on training new employees that needed to understand the basics of IT Auditing.
As the GRC Coach, my goal is to present information in a logical, informative and practical way without boring you with long lectures and unnecessary details. There are plenty of quizzes, course activities and assignments to help you understand the course material well enough to apply it immediately.
If you want to learn and apply information quickly without sitting through hours of lectures, then I look forward to helping you achieve your goals!