ISO/IEC 27001:2022. Information Security Management System
What you'll learn
- Understand what is an ISMS and what are the requirements for an ISMS
- Become familiar with ther requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Understand with the framework for information security management proposed by ISO/IEC 27001
- Obtain the required knowledge to participate in ISMS audits and implementation projects
- Understand the information security controls that should be addressed by an ISMS
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to coordinate information security management activities in an organization
- No specific prior knowledge required.
- Familiarity with management systems and/ or information security management is helpful.
- Knowledge about information security principles and concepts is useful.
ISO/IEC 27001 is one of the world's most popular standards and the certification to this standard is very sought after, as it demonstrates that an organization can be trusted with information because it has sufficient controls in place to protect it.
Google, Apple, Adobe, Oracle and many other tech corporations, financial institutions, health services providers, insurance companies, education institutions, manufacturing and service companies, state institutions, large and small businesses around the world have implemented an ISMS according to ISO/IEC 27001 and have obtained a certification to demonstrate their capability to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information they process and store.
This course explains the management system requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2022 along with the information security controls in Annex A of this standard to help you understand how an information security management system can be implemented, what are the requirements that should be met and how compliance can be achieved.
The course is structured into 6 sections:
- the first section is an introduction to the concept of information security and to this standard, ISO/IEC 27001. Among other aspects the introductive part addresses the following subjects: what represents an ISMS (Information Security Management System), what is the purpose of ISO/IEC 27001 and what is the structure of this standard or what are other standards in the ISO/IEC 27000 family that can be of interest for an information security professional.
- the second section of the course is about the management system requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2022. The course follows the structure of the standard, covering all the requirements in each clause and sub-clause. The context of the organization, the scope of the ISMS, information security risk assessment and risk treatment, the information security objectives, the documentation of the ISMS, the internal audit of the ISMS, the management review, the information security policy or the management of nonconformities are among the subjects covered by this second section of the course.
- the third, fourth, fifth and sixth sections are all about the information security controls from Annex A of ISO/IEC 27001:2022. There are 93 controls divided into 4 themes: Organizational controls (section 3 of the course), People controls (section 4), Physical controls (section 5) and Technological controls (section 6). The information security controls to be discussed cover, among others, subjects like incident management, supplier relationships, network security, business continuity and ICT readiness, equipment maintenance, storage media, the development of software and systems, the use of cryptography, authentication information, the screening of candidates for employment, the disciplinary process, change management, backup and redundancy, malware protection and technical vulnerability management, logging and monitoring, information security awareness and training, requirements for user end-point devices, capacity management, access privileges, protection against environmental threats, cabling security or secure coding.
If you are interested in the certification to ISO/IEC 27001 for organizations and individuals, there is a video dedicated to this subject at the end of the course.
After going through all the videos of this course you will have a good understanding of what are the requirements for an information security management system and how an organization can apply such a system and claim conformity to ISO/IEC 27001:2022.
The information will be very useful to you if you:
- work as a consultant helping organizations apply standards and implement management systems;
- participate in audits (internal or external audits) in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001:2022;
- work in a company that applies or intends to apply an information security management system;
- have an interest in information security management in general;
- are looking to build a career in information security.
If none of the options above suits your profile you can use the information in my course for awareness on information security and you will have a good image of the requirements that many organizations around the world have decided to adopt.
This course provides 7 hours of condensed information that you can revisit anytime you need and once you finish it you can prove your knowledge in the field of information security management with the certificate issued by Udemy.
Who this course is for:
- Information security managers
- Information security consultants and auditors
- Information security officers
- Information security risk specialists
- Managers and business owners
- People involved in the implementation and administration of information security management systems according to ISO/IEC 27001
- Information security management enthusiasts
What I do ?
I translate the knowledge and best practices of international standards into common language, to help people and organizations improve.
What I am interested in ?
My interests cover multipled disciplines including quality management, information security, business continuity, compliance management, occupational health & safety, environmental management, social responsibility, project management, food safety or risk management.
Who am I ?
I have started working in the field of standards, auditing and certification in the early 2000s and since then I have participated in hunderds of projects in multiple sectors and disciplines. Today I work for RIGCERT, an accredited certification body operating in Europe.
How I do things ?
Since my first course, in 2016, my focus has been to extract the key ideas and concepts from standards and to give you all important information in a concentrated form. For some of the subjects I teach, I collaborate with experts who help me offer value in every course that I create.