ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018. Service management system
What you'll learn
- The requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- What a Service Management System represents
- Prepare for the certification as Service management professional
- Implement or audit a Service management system
- No specific prior knowledge required
- Familiarity with ISO standards and other service management frameworks (e.g. ITIL, COBIT, CMMI) is helpful
- General knowledge and understanding of service management concepts is helpful
The purpose of the course is to facilitate the understanding of the requirements for a Service management system as they are formulated by the international standard ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
The structure of the course follows the requirements of the standard and includes:
- an introductive part that discusses the definition of a Service management system and general aspects about ISO/IEC 20000 series of international standads, including ISO/IEC 20000-1, ISO/IEC 20000-2 and ISO/IEC 20000-3.
- Context of the organization (Clause 4 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) - internal and external issues relevant to the Service management system, needs and expectations of interested parties and the scope of the Service management system.
- Leadership (Clause 5 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) - the support and commitment of the top management, the service management policy, roles, responsibilities and authorities for the Service management system.
- Planning (Clause 6 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) - risks and opportunities for the Service management system, service management objectives and the service management plan.
- Support of the Service Management System (Clause 7 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) - resources, competence, awareness, communication, documented information and the knowledge required to support the Service management system
- Operation of the Service Management System (Clause 8 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) - service portfolio, relationship and agreement, supply and demand, service design, build and transition, resolution and fulfillment, service assurance
- Performance evaluation (Clause 9 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) - monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation, internal audits of the Service management system and the management review
- Improvement (Clause 10 of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018) - the management of nonconformities and corrective actions and the continual improvement of the Service Management System.
Certification to ISO/IEC 20000-1 - for service providers and for individuals - is also covered in the course.
The questions are similar to those that you may have to answer if you plan to become certified as a Service management professional.
Get all the key information about a Service management system and the requirements of international standard ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
Who this course is for:
- Service management practitioners
- ISO consultants
- Management system auditors
- Professionals looking to certify their competence in Service management
- Anyone interested in improving services and delivering value to customers
What I do?
I translate the knowledge and best practice of international standards into common language, to help individuals and organizations improve.
What I like?
My interests include quality management, information security, business continuity, compliance management, occupational health & safety, environmental management, social responsibility, food safety or risk management.
Who am I?
I have started working in the field of standards, auditing and certification in the early 2000s and since then I have participated in hunderds of projects in multiple sectors and disciplines. Today I work for RIGCERT, an accredited certification body operating in Europe.
How I do things?
Since my first course, in 2016, my focus was always on providing the essential subjects and themes, so that you can get the important information in a concentrated form. For some of the subjects I teach, I collaborate with experts who help me offer value in every course that I create.