ISO 9001:2015 - A beginner's guide.
What you'll learn
- Understand the purpose of a Quality Management System (QMS)
- Definition and examples of a process-based approach to quality management
- Definition and examples of risk-based thinking
- Definition and examples of the PDCA Cycle of Continual Improvement
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard for quality and what an organisation needs to do in order to conform with the Standard requirements
- How to plan, implement and measure the effectiveness of a Quality Management System that conforms to the ISO 9001:2015 Standard for quality
- How to assess your quality management system against the Standard and identify gaps
- Identify what you need to do to bring your existing quality management system up to date to conform to the Standard requirements
- If you're new to quality management - you'll learn everything you need to do to develop a quality management system
- No previous knowledge is required.
This course introduces you to the ISO 9001:2015 Standard for Quality and provides you with a systematic approach to implementing a Quality Management System in your organization. Including downloadable resources and worked examples, this course provides you with a step by step guide to developing a Quality Management System centred around the needs and expectations of your customers and your legal obligations. Additional guidance is provided at the end of the course for organizations considering ISO certification which includes a Gap Analysis from which you can develop an action plan, to manage the implementation process effectively. As this is a beginner course, there is no need for any prior knowledge, however, a basic understanding of business processes and managing quality will be an advantage in order to get the most out of the course.
We're living through difficult times and it might be that you find yourself having to look for alternate opportunities to advance your career. Why not see what quality management might look like for you by completing this course. It might be that you think the course would be great for someone you know - or you might want to gift the course to someone who you think will benefit.
Thank you for taking an interest in the course and I wish you continued success in all that you do.
Who this course is for:
- People new to the concept of Quality Management Systems (QMS) who will be involved in the planning, implementation and continual improvement of a QMS to the ISO 9001:2015 Standard for quality
- Managers, supervisors, process owners and Staff who want to gain a better understanding of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard for quality and how they can contribute to the continual improvement of a QMS
- Anyone who would like to gain a better understanding of the benefits of implementing the ISO 9001:2015 Standard for quality within their organisation
- Students studying a qualification that requires knowledge and understanding of quality management systems
- Business owners looking for a quality framework foundation for business growth
Vicki is an experienced consultant who works with clients to implement Business Management Systems for improved performance.
Qualified as an ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor, Vicki is also experienced in supporting clients who wish to implement the ISO 14001:2015 and 45001:2018 Standards to establish an integrated Management System.
Lessons learned from her own experience of training have generated an intrinsic desire to provide Standards training that is clear, starting from the basics of what people need to know and understand, before moving on to the detail within the Standard.
This is the first online course that Vicki has developed and feedback will be instrumental in adapting the design of future courses to meet the needs of all students.
Student success and increased confidence is Vicki's ultimate goal!