The course presents in detail and with examples for a better understanding, the requirements of ISO 50001, version 2018, the world's "common language" when discussing energy management.
The videos follow the structure of ISO 50001:2018:
- Context of the organization - identification of internal and external issues, interested parties and their needs and expectations. Defining the scope of the energy management system.
- Leadership - about the involvement of top management and the support for the energy management system. The energy policy of the company. Roles, responsibilities and authorities. The energy management team.
- Planning - identification of risks and opportunities for the energy management system and planning actions to address them. Objectives, energy targets and action plans. The energy review including the analysis of energy use and consumption, the identification of significant energy uses, variables that may affect significant energy uses and opportunities to improve the energy performance. Energy performance indicators. Energy baselines and planning for the collection of energy data.
- Support - the allocation of resources for the energy management system. Competence, awareness and communication. Documented information required by ISO 50001:2018.
- Operation - operational controls implemented to improve energy performance, consideration of energy improvement opportunities in design and energy performance aspects in the procurement process.
- Performance evaluation - measuring and monitoring energy performance. Addressing significant deviations in energy performance. Internal audit of the energy management system. The management review.
- Improvement - the management of nonconformities. Corrections and corrective actions. Continual improvement of the energy management system and of the energy performance.
The information in the course is valuable to any professional working in energy management, in auditing or consulting to this standard but also to those familiar with other ISO standards like ISO 9001, ISO 14001 of ISO 45001 who want to become familiar with ISO 50001.
After going through the videos in the course you will have a clear image of how an energy management system should be shaped, what are its main elements, what documents should exist and how they should be implemented.
If your company is looking to obtain the ISO 50001:2018 certification, then this course will be really helpful in preparing the energy management system so that the certification audit is passed successfully.