ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety management system
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify workplace hazards
- Carry out preventive actions against OHS hazards
- Carry our risk assessment
- Respond safely to Fire outbreak
- Carry out accident investigation
- Give Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation first aid to accident victims
- certification in this course is proof of haven undergone an OHS training and as such, students should be able to demonstrate competence
- Necessary OHS resources will be supplied here to help students achieve their goals
- Basic familiarity with the workplace environment and work actictivities.
- Ability to understand charts and figures
- A Throw pillow to demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation first aid process
ISO45001 occupational health and safety management systems explains the processes, strategies involved in achieving a safe workplace by eliminating and managing workplace related hazards.According to International Labour Organisation (ILO), about 2.78 million people die a year as a result of occupational illhealth and injuries. There is also increasing absenteeism and insurance premiums.
ISO45001 is the first global standard on occupational health and safety, published by the International organisation for standardisation (ISO). It has been designed to be used by organisations irrespective of their sizes.
The foundation of this standard follows the Shewhart Deming pdca cycle, i.e PLAN, DO, CHECK,ACT. This will guide the rubrics to this course as we will touch risk assessment, accident investigation, first aid, fire management.
Who this course is for:
- Workers from all sectors, especially ones from Aviation, Construction, Oil and gas, Energy and power sectors. This course will help them in dealing with their inherent occupational hazards in their different fields
- Graduates who are preparing to join the workforce are encouraged to take this course as this training will add to their wealth of knowledge of OHS and give them upper hand among their peers in the labour market
- Undergraduates can also take this course. This course will expose them to OHS management in the working environment and prepare them for future challenges related to OHS
- Any other individuals who are interested in the knowledge of OHS can take this course
My name is Opeyemi Ibrahem from Lagos state, Nigeria. I am a graduate of the prestigious university of, Obafemio University Ile ife. By profession, I am a Quantity surveyor - I provide, monitor and control construction cost information. I have been in the construction industry for some time now and I can say that it is a beautiful industry.
I am a well seasoned trained trainer to deliver occupational health and safety training as well as Project management. From mid last year till now, I have trained a lot of students from all walks of life within Nigeria. My determination is to impart students from different parts of the world.
By passion, I love lecturing which is why am here on this platform. I also love discussing science topics especially quantum mechanics. I am a writer, a motivational speaker, a scientist, a philosopher.