ISO 37001. Anti-bribery management system
What you'll learn
- The requirements of ISO 37001
- How an organization can prevent and detect bribery
- How to improve the anti-bribery performance of a company
- Examples of anti-bribery controls
- No specific requirements or prerequisites.
- Familiarity with ISO standads is helpful but not mandatory.
The purpose of this course is to detail the requirements of ISO 37001:2016, the first international standard that defines the requirements for an anti-bribery management system.
ISO 37001 can be used by any organization, large or small, whether it be in the public, private or voluntary sector, and in any country. It is a flexible tool, which can be adapted according to the size and nature of the organization and the bribery risk it faces.
The structure of the course includes:
- an introductory part that discusses the concept of anti-bribery management and general aspects on ISO 37001;
- section Context of the organization (Chapter 4 of the standard) that discusses internal and external issues relevant to the organization, needs and expectations of interested parties, the scope of the anti-bribery management system and the bribery risk assessment;
- section Leadership (Chapter 5 of ISO 37001) to discuss the importance of having senior management support for the anti-bribery system, about the anti-bribery policy and the anti-bribery compliance function;
- section Planning (Chapter 6) about risks and opportunities, anti-bribery objectives and planning for their achievement;
- section Support (Chapter 7) on resources for the anti-bribery system, competence, the employment process (including the pre-employment investigation), the disciplinary process, performance bonuses and similar incentives, training and awareness on anti-bribery topics, communication (internal and external) and the documentation of the anti-bribery management system;
- section Operation (Chapter 8) about the due-diligence process for transactions, relationship and activities, financial and non-financial controls, controlled organizations and business partners, anti-bribery commitments, raising concerns (whistleblowing), managing situations where the anti-bribery controls prove inadequate, investigating and dealing with bribery cases;
- section Performance evaluation (Chapter 9) about how to monitor and measure the anti-bribery management system, about internal audits and reviews by top management, the governing body and the anti-bribery compliance function;
- section Improvement (Chapter 10) on how to deal with nonconformities, implementation of corrective actions and how to improve the anti-bribery management system.
- a final part with a recapitulation of what is required for an anti-bribery management system and aspects on the certification to ISO 37001.
At the end of the course there is simple quiz to test your knowledge in the field of anti-bribery.
Learn about how to prevent, detect and combat bribery with an anti-bribery management system according to ISO 37001!
Who this course is for:
- Compliance professionals
- Risk professionals
- Anti-corruption and anti-bribery specialists
What I do?
I translate the knowledge and best practice of international standards into common language, to help individuals and organizations improve.
What I like?
My interests include quality management, information security, business continuity, compliance management, occupational health & safety, environmental management, social responsibility, food safety or risk management.
Who am I?
I have started working in the field of standards, auditing and certification in the early 2000s and since then I have participated in hunderds of projects in multiple sectors and disciplines. Today I work for RIGCERT, an accredited certification body operating in Europe.
How I do things?
Since my first course, in 2016, my focus was always on providing the essential subjects and themes, so that you can get the important information in a concentrated form. For some of the subjects I teach, I collaborate with experts who help me offer value in every course that I create.