ISO 27001 Teleworking - Information Security Management
What you'll learn
- Understand what teleworking is
- Understand the advantages of teleworking
- Understand the drawbacks of teleworking
- Scope of Teleworking in ISO 27001:2013
- Understand the basic teleworking implementation requirements of ISO 27001:2013
- This course expects you to have knowledge of PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act Methodology)
- You must be fimiliar with the format, structure and layout of ISO management systems
- You must have a background in ISO 27001:2013, as this course covers a section of the standard rather than the full standard.
- Awareness of the ICT field
In this course, you'll learn about the fundamentals of teleworking in the context of ISO 27001:2013. Firstly, we'll be discussing what teleworking is. Then, its benefits & drawbacks. And, finally, we'll examine various factors involved in implementing such a system in an organization.
Teleworking is when an employee carries out their job away from the organization's main premises or office. It can be facilitated through technology, for example, the internet, smartphones, laptops, etc.
Teleworking can be beneficial to both employers and employees. It can save time, money, help protect the environment, and lead to other innovations. Additionally, it avails employers the opportunity to seek the world's best talent at the most reasonable wherever they may be in the world.
However, teleworking is not all rainbows and sunshine. Teleworking also opens the doors to new threats and additional risks and costs that the employer must be mindful of while carrying out such activities. Mainly, it's a security threat. There's an increased risk that sensitive company data might be lost, damaged, or stolen. That can be due to the use of mobile devices, and unsecured networks and workstations.
Therefore, the employer has to create policies for employees to follow which provide detailed instructions. The employer can implement pre-defined agreements that clearly state the terms and conditions of the work to be done. The policy can include details about the security requirements, company property, firewall requirements, etc.
We'll cover all these topics and more in more detail in the course. Its format is presentation-with-voiceover.
Who this course is for:
- IT specialist implementing ISO 27001:2013 in their organization
I make courses related to business studies that can cover various areas such as environmental management systems, quality assurance, and occupational health and safety. I'm an accountant by profession and play a leading role in my organization. It's my goal and passion to share my knowledge and understanding of different topics with a worldwide audience on Udemy.