ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management System
What you'll learn
- Identify the objectives and benefits of an Environmental Management System and the requirements of the standard
- Learn how to assess an organization’s current state with regards to an Environmental Management System
- Be familiar with performing a gap analysis to meet Environmental Management System standards Plan
- Developing and implementing an Environmental Management System appropriate to your organization
- Identify environmental aspects and impacts relevant to your organization with the emphasis on improvement
- Basic english
- Environment performance interest
- Environmental Management Interest
ISO 14001:2015 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that an organization can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements. Part of the ISO 14000 family of standards on environmental management, ISO 14001:2015 is a voluntary standard that organizations can certify to. Integrating it with other management systems standards can further assist in accomplishing organizational goals. ISO 14001:2015 should be used by any organization that wishes to set up, improve, or maintains an environmental management system to conform to its established environmental policy and requirements. The requirements of the standard can be incorporated into any environmental management system, the extent to which is determined by several factors including the organization’s industry, environmental policy, products and service offerings, and location. This standard is relevant to all organizations, regardless of size, location, sector, or industry.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to;
· Identify the objectives and benefits of an EMS and the requirements of the standard
· Learn how to assess an organization’s current state with regards to an EMS
· Be familiar with performing a gap analysis to meet EMS standards Plan,
· Developing and implementing an EMS appropriate to your organization
· Identify environmental aspects and impacts relevant to your organization with the emphasis on improvement
An Environmental Management System (EMS) includes an organization's operations with the environment and the use of effective strategies and practices designed to eliminate negative consequences while increasing productivity. ISO 14001:2015 is intended for use by an organization aiming to manage its environmental responsibilities methodically.
A strong Environmental Management System enables an organization to improve environmental performance, reduce unnecessary costs, and increase productivity. It is of utmost importance that when implementing Environmental Management System in an organization, it should be tailored to follow the standards of ISO 14001:2015 while meeting the needs of the organization.
This course will discuss topics revolving around ISO 14001:2015 and the the PDCA approach, aspect and impact analysis, operation controls, and internal auditing.
Who this course is for:
- Everybody with interest in Environment management or performance
Am Kithinji Charles, Experienced Trainer with 7 years’ experience in delivering trainings in Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Project Management. Have participated in multiple project evaluations in East African country Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
Further my aim is to Help students develop Data collection, analysis, Project management and Monitoring and Evaluation at the affordable cost and time possible.