Basics of Islamic Finance
What you'll learn
- Understand basics of Islamic finance, banking, capital market, insurance and corporate governance.
- Be able differentiate conventional and Islamic finance
- Identify the Islamic finance products and contracts
- Understand the most of what you read in the financial press about Islamic finance industry and use the essential vocabulary of Islamic finance and how does Islamic finance industry operates.
- Lean to use the essential vocabulary of Islamic finance and how does Islamic finance industry operates.
- This course starts from the basics and you don't need to have background in finance or Islamic finance
Basics of Islamic finance course gives learners a thorough introduction to the concepts, instruments and financial institutions as foundation course to understand the world of Islamic finance.
Basics of Islamic finance course begins with the basic introduction to Islamic finance, industry, history and reason for the existence of Islamic finance. Learners then introduced to the Islamic financial instruments and Islamic banking. Next, the learners investigate about Islamic capital market, Islamic bond and Islamic insurance. At the end of this course, the learners will get a comprehensive understanding of Islamic finance industry as beginner.
The course will help the learners who want to get know about Islamic finance industry, start a course in Islamic finance in undergraduate and masters level. Further, this course also help the finance professionals in traditional finance industry to know about Islamic finance industry.
Note : This course has been prepared according to Accounting, auditing and Sharia Standards of AAOIFI(Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institution). AAOIFI is Bahrain based international standard setting organization for Islamic financial institution. Most of the Islamic financial institutions follow AAOIFI standard when preparing and auditing their financial statements. Sharia standards of AAOIFI are used to structure Islamic financial products. The instructor is a fellow member of AAOIFI and also a Certified Sharia Advisor and Auditor of AAOIFI.
1. Basics of Islamic finance
2. History of Islamic finance
3. Islamic Commercial Law
4. Islamic finance instruments
5. Islamic banking
6. Islamic Capital Market (ICM)
7. Islamic bond - Sukuk
8. Islamic Insurance - Takaful
Case studies 6
Guideline materials 3
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to know about ethical and Islamic finance
- Anyone who wants to start higher studies in Islamic finance
- Anyone who wants start a career in Islamic finance
Dr Faleel Jamaldeen is an author, blogger and professor in Islamic finance. Dr. Jamaldeen completed his Doctorate in business administration from CUBT, California, and he is a Certified Sharia Adviser and Auditor from AAOIFI. AAOIFI (Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic financial institutions) is Bahrain based international institution for setting standards in accounting, auditing and governance for Islamic financial institutions.
Dr. Jamaldeen is the author of "Islamic Finance for Dummies book" which is one of the highly read and reviewed reference books in Islamic finance. He is founder of Islamic finance expert blog. The blog contains extensive research articles, news and resources for researches in the Islamic finance area. He has published many research papers in Islamic finance and a regular columnist for popular Islamic finance journals.
Dr. Jamaldeen has more than 10 years of teaching Islamic finance and Islamic Accounting in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, United States, United Kingdom and Switzerland. He also done consultations for companies in Middle East and Europe in structuring Islamic products and Islamic venture capital.