Islam women and Western Feminism
What you'll learn
- Those who take this course will get an insight that 'Muslim social orders are more women-friendly than western Feminist norms'
- Interest in the subjects related Muslim community
Discuss the topics
1) Feminist approach towards religion
2) Objectification of women and the Logic of Hijab
3) Why do all the 48 Muslim majority countries allow women to drive?
4) Illogical arguments behind the concept of equality
5) 'Wage disparity, single parenthood, depressive illness' vs Islamic 'Formula of financial care for women'
6) Social consequences of feminism
7) The political and economic vision of feminism
8) Primary role of men and women, natural differences
9) Logic behind Muslim social arrangements
10) Different kinds of approaches towards women (in the past and present)
'Orthodox approach, feminist approach' vs 'Islamic approach'
11) History and development of feminism, its major arguments
12) Introduction to previous studies in the subject
From the beginning of the colonial period, there has been an effort to apply western standards across whole Globe. As a result, everything is judged on the basis of western logic. Muslim women's religious identity is represented in the West as a symbol of oppression, and it causes a clash between civilizations.
There’s no denying that Muslim social arrangements (dressing, limited gender segregation, etc,) are slightly different from western Feminist norms. They are called irrelevant by the extreme liberals without even considering the fact that those arrangements have proven entirely successful in facilitating a happy family life, which is of course an excellent model for the West today, where the institution of family and marriage is almost on the verge of collapse.
In addition to the two hour video lecture, The entire course is going to be soon available in written format in article section, along with the links to a collection of selected online resources in the field.
Who this course is for:
- This course is more preferred to Muslims who face intellectual challenges from Feminism, Imams, students and professionals. And to those love to know the logical difference between the social arrangements of Islam and the west
Co-founder of Zaitoon international Girls Campus -India and Coffee inn community. Presented a number of papers in national and international conferences and published more than 15 articles in different periodicals, in subjects related to Mulsims and society. Worked as the state campus chairman of the Muslim students organisation in kerala(India), Basically a Civil Engineer running an architectural firm, Education: Master degree in civil engineering.