"isiXhosa for Beginners" South African Language
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 8 mins on-demand audio
- 8 articles
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have an introduction to the language of Xhosa
- Speak proficiently in basic conversation
- Be able to communicate with a Xhosa speaking person
- Learn the isiXhosa "clicking" sounds
- Learn general phrases about, time, place, family and life
- Learn language skills and how to ask questions
- Learn how to meet someone new
- Learn how to navigate and get around
- The course is the most effective if you are in a quite room where you are able to speak out loud
This course is run over 4 weeks, but is self paced. We estimate it should take 8 hours and should you choose to do it in 1 day or the full 8 weeks it is completely up to you, you will have lifetime access to this course you may download the ebooks to take with you forever. The aim of this course is to introduce you to the Xhosa language and make you proficient in basic conversation.
The aim of this course is to not only give you an introduction to the language of isiXhosa, but to also be a strong foundation for anyone wanting to take the first step in their journey to mastering the language.
This course will focus on conversational isiXhosa, including mastering the poetic “clicking” sounds, learning general phrases and language skills. A large part of the course also focus on meeting someone new, getting around and asking the important question words we so often need.
The format of this course is primarily based on short videos followed by simple quizzes to re-enforce your knowledge. There are many interactive resources and "Real-life" communication is encouraged as much as possible.
There are a total of 4 units in this course. Should you have any general questions, do not hesitate to post them in the forums
- Anyone wanting to learn the language of isiXhosa
- Anyone visiting South Africa either short or long term
- Any South African wanting to improve
- Anyone interested in learning more about a new culture
This video will talk you through
- The Vowels
- Sounds unique to isiXhosa
- The Clicking sounds
A list of what you absolutely have to do when you arrive in South Africa - something we are constantly adding to.