Learn Irish Gaelic
What you'll learn
- You will learn to speak Irish Gaelic with reasonable confidence in a number of different situations.
- You will be able to introduce yourself and say what your name is.
- You will be able to count to 20 in Irish and use the number system to count objects and tell the time.
- You will be able to use and understand practical Irish verbs in the past, present and future.
- You will understand basic written and spoken Irish.
- You will be able to understand and use possessive adjectives like 'my', 'your' etc in Irish.
- You will understand the secret of how Irish uses prepositions.
- You don't need to know anything about the Irish language or language learning to immediately benefit form this course. You do have to arrive with an open mind, a reasonable imagination and a sense of humor, however.
If you are one of the 70 million people of Irish descent living all over our planet, then chances are your ancestors spoke Irish as their native language.
If you always wanted the opportunity to reclaim your cultural heritage and learn the language of Ireland then you have come to the right place.
This Learn Irish Gaelic Language course will teach you how to say who you are and how you are.
You will learn some useful verbs in the present, past and future tense. You will be able to count to 20 and tell the time and you will learn the secret of the Irish preposition.
You don’t need to have any previous knowledge of Irish or even an aptitude for learning languages. All you need to bring to class is a sense of humour and your inbuilt imagination.
So thanks for signing up to take my Learn Irish Gaelic Language course. Now, let’s dig in to the secrets of your Irish or Celtic ancestors!
Who this course is for:
- This Irish course is geared towards complete beginners or improvers. If you need to build confidence in speaking Irish you may find the course beneficial. If you already have a very good command of the language then you may be better waiting to take my next course.
I have been teaching Irish for about 30 years and have a Masters degree in Irish Language and Literature.
In the last 10 years I have been specializing in teaching Irish to adults.
As well as writing educational material for students of different ages, I have my own business providing subtitles for Irish language television programs.