IPSEC VPN Tunnel on MikroTik
What you'll learn
- Understand what is VPN
- Understand what is IPSEC
- Understand the 4 features of IPSEC
- Understand why IPSEC is a protocol suite
- Understand the Protocols used in the IPSEC features
- Understand IPSEC modes of communications
- Understand IPSEC Transport mode
- Understand IPSEC Tunnel mode
- Understand what is Symmetric key encryption
- Understand what is Asymmetric key encryption
- Understand how DH works to share the secret key in a secure way
- Understand the encryption protocols such as: DES, 3DES, AES, Blowfish, Camellia, RSA & DH
- Understand Data Integrity using Hashing algorithms such as: MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA512
- Understand the types of IPSEC authentication: Pre-shared key vs Certificate
- Understand IPSEC Negotiation Protocols: AH vs ESP
- Understand the IPSEC negotiation process
- Understand what is the initiator to start the IPSEC VPN
- Understand IKE Phase 1 (ISAKMP)
- Understand the difference between Main and Aggressive mode on IKE Phase 1
- Understand IKE Phase 2
- Understand what is PFS Group
- Understand the difference between IKEv1 & IKEv2
- Configuring IPSEC site-to-site using IKEv1
- Configuring IPSEC site-to-site using IKEv2
- Configure IPSEC IKv2 Remote Access using certificates
- Have a TCP/IP knowledge
- Have an experience with networking
- Ideally have an MTCNA certificate
Internet Protocol Security, or what is known as IPSEC, is a VPN protocol suite widely used nowadays in our network to connect 2 or more offices securely to each other using the public internet service, and this will save for companies a lot of cost and time instead of using dedicated leased lines between their offices.
However, configuring IPSEC correctly is a challenge because IPSEC is considered as a Framework protocol which has many sub-protocols and phases under its umbrella.
I have designed this course to help you to understand how IPSEC works, that means that big part of this course is going to be a theoretical part explaining in details all parts of IPSEC. During this course, I will explain also about a lot of security terms that we always hear and is used on IPSEC such as: Encryption, Hashing, Authentication, Deffie-Hellman, Symmetric and Asymmetric keys, etc.....
After the theoretical part, I am going to do LABs where I will show you how to configure correctly IPSEC on MikroTik Routers and we will test it to see if it works good. The LABs will include both versions of IPSEC which are IKEv1 and IKEv2.
That's in brief what I am going to do in this course, of course more details will be shown in the lessons.
I can't wait to see you in my course .
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to learn and understand how IPSEC works and know how to configure it on MikroTik RouterOS
- Engineers who want to apply IPSEC tunneling protocol in their networks
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, MTCINE, MTCSE, MTCSWE, MTCWEW, MTCIPv6 Huawei HCNA, CWTS, Ubiquiti UEWA, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, Fortinet NSE1, Fortinet NSE2, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.