iPhone icons in iOS7 - learn flat design
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 28 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- learn how to make flat iPhone icons for your app
- you will have to have an iOS developer account to publish apps
- Photoshop is my "drug" of choice. The resources are PSD files, so you better have Photoshop or something installed on your computer :D
--- Are you a student or a non-profit organization? Just message me for a considerable discount. ---
FLAT DESIGN - Most designers either can’t get enough of this trend, or absolutely hate it. But one thing remains certain: Apple embraced it in iOS7 so you better learn what flat design is... or pay the price.
Your app icon is your FIRST IMPRESSION about your app/game so you better work hard on making that icon look awesome!
Did you know that you need 18 icons in 13 different sizes for you app? You can learn all the smart and useful stuff from here.
In this course I will show you 9 principles of flat designed icons. Inside you will find:
- flat design principles
- PSD templates for your flat icons
- making of all the standard iOS flat icon - ALL 26 OF THEM
- 2 bonus lectures that will save you a lot of development time
- 41 high quality HD video lectures (1920 x 1080)
- 2 quizzes to test your knowledge
You will get to download a Resources folder that includes:
- 2 PSD files for your flat icons
- 11 flat gradients
- 26 standard iOS7 icons (psd and png files, 1024 x 1024 pixels)
- Much more
Stay ahead of the game, make your app noticed on the App Store with the strongest trend in 2013.
Learn how to make awesome flat design icons.
- all iOS (iPhone/iPad) developers and designers
In this first lecture I will show you what this course covers.
In this lecture we are going to learn about how important colors are in flat design.
Creating the "Phone" iOS7 icon
In this lecture I am going to show you how I re-created the Phone icon. This is the most important icon of them all, after all the iPhone is a phone.
Because these example videos are much too long, I have put them on fast-forward.
Remember to download the finished psd along with the png files for this icon to the right. Take a look at them and enjoy this video of how it was made.
Creating the "Mail" iOS7 icon
The mail icon is quite simple. It just uses a different gradient. I have included all of the used gradients in the Resources folder. Use them freely.
Creating the "Photos" iOS7 icon
Photos are colorful. So is this awesome Photos icon. Let's reproduce it.
Don't forget that you can download this and all the other icons' psd files to the right of the lecture.
P.S. I have redone the Photos icon :) Download the new psd file from "Photos revised"
Creating the "Weather" iOS7 icon
The Weather icon is one of my favorites: simple and clear, like a sunny day.