iPad Video Production with Playback
- You will need Playback (by Liion) and Dropbox on your iPad.
- You will need Keynote, QuickTime, iMovie, Dropbox and iTunes on your Mac.
- Some of the processes require AirServer on your Mac and access to a wireless network.
- For scripting, you will need a word processor such as Pages.
- It is useful to have a good quality external microphone.
Important note: This software has been discontinued. You may find that some of the production processes can be applied to your video projects with other software.
Love video? Then make your own great looking videos on your iPad with Playback.
In eight tutorials — all made with Playback on the iPad — you'll learn how to use this slick app to create great looking videos. The course takes you from the basics, through import and export, expanding the options with Keynote, sound recording techniques, and optional video capture using AirServer.
Every tutorial gives you production notes detailing step-by-step exactly how that particular tutorial was created. Each set of production notes is an excellent guide to help you put what you learned into practice.
If you like to experiment with video, then your iPad and Playback can give you new ways to experiment — and give you results you'll be pleased with.
If you're an instructor, producing your instructional videos with iPad and Playback will be both time- and cost-effective. And your students will be impressed!
Go ahead –– turn your creativity loose!
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for the iPad user who wants to create videos. This applies especially to those who want to use video for instructional purposes. If you have an intermediate-level working knowledge of the iPad and MacBook, you should do well in this course.
- 05:34Tutorial 1 – The Basics
- 08:39Tutorial 2 – The Toolbar
- 07:16Tutorial 3 – Full Function
- 06:18Tutorial 4 – The Keynote Connection
- 08:04Tutorial 5 – Working with an Existing File
- 03:56Tutorial 6 – Export
- 05:05Tutorial 7 – Sound Recording
- 06:00Tutorial 8 – Using AirServer with Playback
- 07:24Bonus Tutorial
I am an educator with broad experience. I've taught public school (all grades from four to twelve) and was vice principal or principal of various public schools. I was also principal of a private school. I was a volunteer international development worker with the World University Service of Canada, and I've taught at universities in three countries.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts in English and Philosophy, a Bachelor of Education, a Master of Arts (Ed.) in Curriculum Development, and a Doctor of Education in Reading Education.
I developed and taught English and study skills courses at an international university in Japan, where I was a tenured professor. I've now written five books on study skills and produced on-line study skills and English courses.
My poetry has been published in literary magazines and anthologies and I have published five books of poetry, as well as a novel.
Thank you for considering joining my courses. I'm excited at the prospect of sharing my knowledge with you. Sincere best wishes in all your endeavours.