Building Complete IoT Solution with ESP32 and AWS
What you'll learn
- Develop complete IoT solution
- Build ESP32-based electronic sensors
- Register and build Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Develop Arduino IDE programs
- Setup a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian OS
- Introduction to python programming in Raspberry Pi
- Understand wireless communications WIFI and MQTT
- Implement AWS-IoT solution such as IoT Core, IoT Analytics, and Quick Sight
- Prototype IoT solutions as Entrepreneurs as fast as possible
- Familiarity with programming languages (Arduino IDE programming and Python) would be helpful, however, most of the presented work is going to be an integration of existing codes, so individuals with no prior knowledge will still benefit from the course
This is an introductory course that covers the development of an IoT solution using ESP32, Raspberry Pi and AWS.
Throughout the course, you will be introduced to:
- Developing IoT sensors using ESP32 and Arduino IDE.
You will learn about IoT sensor implementation (both hardware and software). In particular, you will see the use of a Temperature/Humidity Sensor, an Ultrasonic sensor and a PIR Motion sensor as examples for the development of IoT Sensor. All the mentioned sensors will be integrated with a microcontroller known as ESP32 which is capable to establish Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communications.
- Developing an IoT gateway (Hub) using Raspberry Pi and Python in Raspbian Operating System.
You will learn about Raspberry Pi. You will learn how to set up a Linux-based operating system known as Raspbian for Raspberry Pi. You will also learn how to configure the Raspberry Pi and install a python IDE.
You will use the ESP32 in Arduino IDE to send sensor data, and python in Raspberry Pi to receive the sensor data, through a WIFI based communication known as MQTT
- Developing cloud computing using AWS IoT Core, AWS IoT Analytics and AWS Quick Sight
You will learn about cloud computing, in particular Amazon Web Service (AWS).
You will learn how to set up an AWS account and use the solutions within the service.
In particular, you will learn about AWS IoT solutions which is a basket of services defined by AWS for IoT solutions.
You will learn to set up AWS IoT Core, AWS IoT Analytics and AWS Quick sight, and to connect them together to receive the sensor data from the gateway (Raspberry Pi) and display it in a dashboard.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner IoT developers who are curious to learn about ESP32, MQTT, AWS, Raspberry Pi to architect an IoT solution
- Companies who want to adopt IoT solutions to their existing services
- Electrical and Electronic Engineers/Students
- IoT Hobbyists
- Arduino developers interested in building IoT solutions
- Entrepreneurs building IoT check companies
Veebar Tech is a Canadian start up company that focuses on developing smart-home monitoring technologies for independent aging adults with dementia. The main goal is to make seniors feel safe and connected while providing peace of mind for their caregivers. Veebar Tech is constantly looking to bring true personal care on every level by building partnerships with senior care services and bring safety for our beloved senior relatives. By incorporating AI into their technology, we are looking to expand monitoring opportunities and aim to answer all personalized needs including checking interruption of personal living behaviors.