iPad Programming for iPhone Developers - Extend Your Reach
What you'll learn
- Harmonize across all iOS 9 iPhone and iPad devices and sizes
- Extend your reach to the hundreds of millions of worldwide iPad users in 2016
- Extend your iPhone apps to seamless integration with the iPad
- Recommended to have a Mac, though other routes exist
- Basic knowledge of Swift is recommended
Are you an iPhone developer, or are you aspiring to be one? Do you have or hope to have an app in the app store sometime soon? If so, then you already know that creating an app that works well with the iPad is crucial.
In 2016, there are projected to be 80 million iPad users in the United States alone. With Apple's recently announced iPad Pro, and constant effort to innovate and improve the iPad experience, there are many beautiful opportunities to be on the front line with the world of iPad programming.
In this class, we'll very quickly get you up to speed on what you need to know to make sure your apps work well with the iPad.
Some of what we'll cover:
- How to make your apps work for both the iPhone and the iPad
- Designing with the iPad in mind
- How to optimize for Multi-Tasking functionality
- All for iOS 9 and Swift apps
What makes me the right teacher?
- I have more than 9 iOS apps in the App Store which total over 300,000+ downloads
- I teach more than 23,000 other students in my conglomerate of highly rated iOS development Udemy courses
- I like to use, *ahem*, an energetic and engaging course style
- I have 4+ years iOS development experience
- I'll never talk over your head.
Who is this class for?
- Those who already have an app or hope to make an app that they want to be available to the millions of worldwide iPad users
- Those who understand iPhone development. This class will not be of use to you if you don't learn how to make apps elsewhere (I'd recommend my iOS 9 class!)
- Those who intend to learn iPhone development outside of this class. Use this class to make sure you're making your apps useful for the iPad as you learn iPhone development elsewhere (like my iOS 9 class!)
- Those who want to make money with their apps as an entrepreneur
- Career development professionals who want to earn money professionally via contract work, consulting, full-time employment, and so forth
Who this course is for:
- Those who have an app or hope to make an app for the iPhone
- Those who already have a basic knowledge of iOS development, or hope to acquire that knowledge before beginning this class
- Those who want everything they need to know about iPad in one compact place!
Hi! I'm Nick, and I love to code. About five years ago I decided that I wanted to learn to code, but I had limited access to programming resources, and I was getting frustrated with all of the YouTube videos and online tutorials out there. I experimented, struggled, and definitely failed a lot, but I finally got the hang of it, so I decided that I wanted to change the way that people learned to code, and I started teaching. My experience as an online student has directly influenced my teaching style, because I know what it is like to be in your shoes.
Apple announced their new programming language, Swift, in 2014, I made my big online teaching debut and created the
internet's first Swift course. Since that time, I have
become a full-time online instructor and I now have courses not only in Swift,
but also in iOS, Android, Django, Kotlin, Python, HTML, Blockchain, etc. I have also created five iOS apps from scratch that are currently live in the App Store and are being used by thousands of users worldwide.
I love sharing my excitement for coding with my students, and I try to make learning as fun and as easy as possible. Thanks for being part of my coding community!