iOS Development for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Understanding Outlets and Actions
- Understanding Object Properties
- Working with Rotation
- Auto Resizing Apps
- Placing View Elements Manually
- Working with the On-screen Keyboard
- Adding Scenes to the Storyboard
- Configuring Segues
- Performing Tasks Before a Segue
- Making Apps work on IPad and IPhone
- Static and Dynamic TableViews
- Custom Table Cells
- iOS7 New Table Views
- New iOS 7 Tab Bar Controllers
- Traditional Tab Bar Controllers
- Working with Dates and Datepicker Components
- Creating Custom Picker Components
- Passing Information Between View Controllers
- Saving and Loading Data on the Device
- Saving Object State with Archiving
- Touches, Taps and Gestures
- UIWeb Views in Applications
- Playing Audio and Video Content
- Multiple OS Support
- Mac with Current version OSX
- Current Version of XCode (Free From App Store)
- Basic Understanding of Objective C
Perhaps you have an idea for a killer app? Maybe you just want to move your skills in to the mobile arena? Are you an iPad fanatic who wants to be able to write apps for your company? Are you an entrepreneur trying to take your company to the next level with mobile?
It's time for you to get in on the action and learn iOS 6 and 7 Development now. This course features over six hours of video instruction, numerous lab exercises and dozens of code examples all designed to get you creating your own iOS Applications that will run either on the iPhone, the iPad or both!
This eleven chapter course starts with the basics of creating user interfaces with the XCode storyboard and advances through topics like saving data on the device, gestures, geolocation and media. Each chapter includes several entertaining and informative lectures, code examples and a lab exercise designed to help you integrate and retain the concepts presented.
Everything in this course is specially designed to give you command of both iOS6 and iOS7.
This course assumes knowledge of the Objective C programming language. If you are not familiar with Objective-C start with our Objective C For Beginners course.
Who this course is for:
- Web Developers wanting to move to Native iOS Development
- Mobile Developers
- New Programmers Wanting a Solid Start in Mobile
- College or High School Students
- Traditional Programmers new to IOS
- iOS 5 Developers who want to learn iOS 6 and 7
- Instructors looking for good class examples
Framework Tech is a streaming video network that teaches digital skills such as web development, graphic design, and digital productivity. We believe that education should be accessible to all. You can find Tech Learning Network content on Udemy, our website, and throughout the online video world.
Framework Tech specializes in teaching accessible technical skills to people just getting started in technical careers, including web development, digital design, and other career paths enabled by technology.
Scott is a programmer from Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania. He studied Computer Science at Misericordia University, graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in only three years at the top of his class.
Scott has previously worked in the mobile applications industry with a company named CNC Apps. There he developed his skills as an Android developer, his main role being to program graphical elements in Android. He created items such as live wallpapers, games, and views using OpenGL and various other add-ons. During this time he also began exploring the two other major mobile platforms: iOS and Windows Phone 8, working on projects such as GPS locators and Web Stores.
He has recently accepted a full-time position with Scientech, a Curtiss Wright Flow Control Company, where he is a programmer analyst working with the nuclear industry all over the United States to develop software to make the industry safer, while speeding up day-to-day processes. He works with a vast number of tools dependent on the client. Some tasks include SQL scripting, Oracle forms and reports, webMethods development, and .net programming. As the company moves into the mobile application front, Scott will begin to work in those areas, having prior experience in them.
His latest endeavor is instructing with LearnToProgram.tv. One of his future goals is to return to school to get his Master’s Degree in Computer Science. With a master’s degree he will be able to teach courses at the college he graduated from to enhance the curriculum. LearnToProgram.tv will help prepare him to teach programming courses to college students in the future.