- 26.5 hours on-demand video
- 11 articles
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll have apps that you've created IN the app store!
- You'll be up to speed with everything new in iOS 9, Swift 2, and Xcode 7
- You'll know how to use GPS, the camera, and the microphone in your app development
- You'll know how to use PARSE to make your very own social networks
- You'll know how to leverage game-making principles to make your own GAME apps
- You'll know how to integrate with major social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
- You'll know how to use Bluetooth in your apps
- You'll know how to make money with your apps using in-app purchases and ads
- It's best to have a Mac computer that runs the Mavericks, Yosemite, (or El Capitan when it's released) operating systems.
- Non-mac owners have options that are not quite so fluid, but it is possible.
Are you ready for an adventure?! Join Udemy's most enjoyable class and learn how to make your own freaking iPhone apps! No prior programming experience necessary.
We'll walk you through everything needed to create and submit your very own app idea to the app store, starting from scratch. We firmly believe in learning by doing, so we'll make 14 real world iOS 9 apps using Swift 2 and Xcode 7 together.
We run through every single step from installing Xcode (the program we use to make apps) down to how to make money with your apps. And we'll never talk over your head. We've experienced the harsh reality of complicated and wordy tutorials and online classes. This class is what we wish we'd had when we were first learning to make apps. It's the first class to break everything down to the level that is perfect for "newbies" so that you never feel lost, and can excel and learn quickly.
Some of what we'll cover in our apps:
- GPS Navigation
- Using the Camera
- Using the Microphone
- Integrating with Social Media
- In-App Purchases
- Making Social Networks with Parse
- More (you can look through the sections below)
But ultimately we are not just checking off apps. We are helping you to move toward sustainable growth and becoming a professional in iOS development. We'll help you get integrated with the iOS developer community and provide you with the resources you need to accomplish your goals.
What makes us (Jenna and Rick) the right teachers?
- We have more than 10 iOS apps in the App Store which total over 300,000+ downloads
- Rick teaches more than 23,000 other students in his conglomerate of highly rated iOS development Udemy courses
- We have personality! We like to use, *ahem*, an energetic and engaging course style
- We have 6+ years iOS development experience
- We were once newbies who got confused by wordy blog posts and tutorials. We'll never talk over your head.
- Rick created the first Udemy Swift course and also teaches the highly rated “Apple Watch - Go From Newbie to Pro by Building 15 Apps" course.
Who is this class for?
- People who want to make apps. We will not be teaching wordy or complicated computer science philosophies. We'll cover how to make apps that you can play with, share with friends & family, and offer to the world!
- Beginners. You don't need any programming experience to take this class. We've been the absolute beginners before and want to help you.
- Those programmers who are new to iOS 9 or Swift 2. Dive in with your prior experience and move more quickly, on to become an impressive iOS developer.
- Entrepreneurs who have an idea for an app. Don't pay somebody thousands to build your app. Do it yourself. Having the ability to create something you can think of is extremely powerful.
- Career development professionals who want to earn money professionally via contract work, consulting, full-time employment, and so forth
- No prior programming experience required
- Those who just want to make a FREAKING iPhone app!
- Those who want to get into app development very quickly
- Those who want to go on an adventure and avoid dry, wordy, or complex teaching styles