iOS 16 Swift & SwiftUI - Complete iOS App Development
What you'll learn
- You will become a top iOS engineer
- You will create your own iOS app portfolio
- Learn how to create iOS apps using iOS 16, Xcode 14, Storyboards, Swift UI and Interface Builder
- Learn and master Swift 5 fundamentals
- Build apps using SwiftUI and integrate SwiftCharts
- Learn what's new in iOS 16 and Xcode 14
- Learn reactive programming frameworks such as Combine
- Build iOS Views programmatically using Auto Layout/PureLayout
- Build iOS apps using UIKit & Storyboards
- Master writing unit tests
- Discover and practice building applications with networking libraries (AlamoFire, Apple)
- Build applications that use Core Location and MapKit
- Learn how to use MVVM design pattern and differences between MVVM and MVC
- Learn how to use CocoaPods
- Learn about Notifications and Delegates
- Learn about CoreData & UserDefaults
- No programming experience in iOS required. You can learn through practicing and watching course lectures
- MacOS & Xcode (can be downloaded)
- Some general knowledge of programming may help in learning, but the instructor does best to explain concepts.
In this course you can learn about iOS 16, Swift 5, iOS App Development using UIKit & SwiftUI and latest frameworks from Apple, best engineering and industry practices on how to develop iOS apps that scale.
The course has 170+ downloadable Xcode project resources, 10+ live coding exercises, 4+ coding challenges, 5+ quizzes, 2 practice tests, 4+ iOS apps and 165+ course materials such as video course lectures, slides and external references to help solidify course materials.
The main focus of the course will be:
get familiar with iOS development environment: Xcode 14 and iOS 16
learn what's new in iOS 16
learn fundamentals of Swift5
learn about Swift Charts
learn about CoreData & UserDefaults
learn how to build apps using Storyboards, SwiftUI and programmatically
master best engineering and industry practices related to iOS development
learn how to use popular iOS frameworks: Combine, MapKit, CoreLocation
get experience building apps with Networking using Alamofire and URLSession
learn how to build UI both using Autolayout and programmatically using PureLayout
get experience with design patterns such as MVC & MVVM
learn how to use Notifications & Delegates
learn how regular expressions in Swift 5.7 work
Swift is a powerful language that Apple recommends to use for iOS development. We will explore basics and fundamentals of Swift 5 language in addition to learning more advanced concepts in Swift 5.
We will learn through examples how to use important components of iOS (Table Views, Collection Views, Text Views, Buttons, Text Fields).
We will learn how to use the latest SwiftUI to build iOS apps. SwiftUI is a next generation tool developed by Apple that can be helpful to build iOS app fast in using responsive and declarative statements. Combine is one of the latest additions from Apple that can be used effectively in apps to react to different events.
One of the important best practices of development is to use unit tests. Hence, we will also learn how to write unit tests in iOS.
Who this course is for:
- New and beginner students who would like to learn iOS
- iOS developers / engineers who are already familiar will also benefit from new and additional knowledge about iOS
I am Lead Software Engineer with 16+ years of experience in the industry working in Canada (Montreal, Quebec) and United States (San Francisco Bay Area / Silicon Valley).
I have been developing iOS apps and games since 2009. I worked for different small and large companies such as SoFi, Zynga, SAP, Quizlet, Ericsson, Nuance Communications/ScanSoft, Fuzzy. The largest iOS projects were development of Words With Friends that reached at its peak 12M DAU and Quizlet which reached 60M MAU.
I filed more than 20+ patents with the US PTO and European Patent Agencies, 12+ of them became fully accepted patents.
As an instructor I had an opportunity to work as Teacher Assistant for graduate level courses at Concordia University, Montreal, QC, Canada. Also, I was mentor and instructor at CodePath bootcamp.
As an entrepreneur, I co-founded several startups with my friends in the gaming, pet food and fitness health industries.
I was a speaker at multiple international conferences such as IEEE (Baltimore, MD, US) and Mobile Growth Summit in Berlin, Germany and San Francisco, CA.
I graduated from Concordia University with Bachelor in Engineering (Software Engineering) and Masters in Applied Science (Software Engineering, thesis option) in Montreal, QC, Canada.
I love teaching, mentoring and sharing my experience, knowledge with other students. I volunteered at many organizations in the United States and Canada.