Investment Banking Basics
What you'll learn
- Investment Banking Basics.
- Evaluate financial feasibility of existing and new projects
- Estimation of costs of capital of different capital components like debt, equity, preference, etc.
- Master Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Modified Internal Rate of Return (MIRR)
- Cost of capital and capital budgeting with Microsoft Excel
- Estimation of discount rate
- Understanding of firm's capital structure
- Quest to learn project evaluation
Are you interested in career opportunities like Financial Research, Financial Expert, Trainee MIS, Operation Executive, Senior Executive, Financial Planner, Transition Manager and wish to work for companies like BNP Paribas, EvalueServe, Mantri Developers, Embassy Property, Egis etc., then this is the right course for you. Learn the concepts cost of capital, evaluation of capital investment projects with MS-Excel.
In this course you will learn how to determine cost of equity, cost of debt, cost of preferred stock, overall cost of capital, weighted average cost of capital, and would be able to evaluate capital investment projects with both traditional and modern capital budgeting techniques like NPV, IRR, Payback Period. In addition to these, from this course you will be able to learn how to determine the return and risk of a listed company. Furthermore, you would be able to analyze the impact of market on stock price.
You will also able to apply Microsoft Excel built in functions to calculate NPV, IRR, PI etc. At the end of the course you will master the art of estimation of various costs of capital, apply those costs to evaluate the projects, and take investment decisions. With all this knowledge you can explore career opportunities in investment banking, project appraisals, and strategic capital investment decisions.
Who this course is for:
- Commerce Students
- Finance Students
- Working professionals in corporate finance
- Non-finance managers working on project evaluation
Currently I am working as Professor of Finance at ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (IBS-Hyderabad). IBS-Hyderabad one of the India's leading business school and accredited by AACSB, a constituent of IFHE University a NAAC A+ Grade Private University located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. I teach courses like Security Analysis and Portfolio Management, Investments, Financial Management, Corporate Finance, Accounting, and Financial Statement Analysis.