Investment Banking and Finance: Private Equity Finance
What you'll learn
- Discover the core concepts in Private Equity, a core Investment Banking skill required by any Wall Street analyst
- Understand How Private Equity Funds work
- Discover and understand the Key Terminology in our Glossary and Definitions
- Gain an Investment Banking perspective on the Key Characteristics of Private Equity Firms
- Discover how to identify the right Private Equity firm for your business
- Understand how Private Equity Firms identify and source their deals
- Discover how to Structure a Private Equity Finance transaction
- Understand Deal Value Creation and Key Private Equity Metrics
- Understand the Private Equity Deal Process, step by step
- Discover the importance of Deal Due Diligence
- Understand Private Equity Deal Valuation and Pricing
- Work through the comprehensive LBO Modelling structure and framework
- Discover how to evaluate Risks and Returns in Private Equity Deals
- Understand Exit Scenarios, Trade Sales, M&A, IPOs, Liquidations and Recapitalisations
- Discover why some Startups fail
- Understand how to measure Private Equity Fund returns
- No knowledge of Investment Banking or Private Equity is required or assumed
- You need no knowledge of Banking and Finance
Jan 2021 Update :This course has undergone a transformational update adding over 7 hours of new and exclusive content!
This content is exclusive to Udemy and UFB.
At the core of Investment Banking and Finance Fundamentals is the world of Private Equity Finance
This is how many on Wall Street and CEO's of companies make millions of dollars every year.
If you seeking to master Entrepreneurship Fundamentals or considering a career in Investment Banking or Private Equity, then this is a topic you need to master!
I have been working with Private Equity firms since 1988 and have done dozens of deals raising millions of dollars. I have been involved in deals where the principles walked away with hundreds of millions of dollars - each!
The objective of this Investment "Banking and Finance: Private Equity Finance" course is to share that insight into what Private Equity is all about!
In this course:
Discover the core concepts in Private Equity, a core Investment Banking skill required by any Wall Street analyst
Let me explain to you how Private Equity funds work
Discover the detailed Glossary of Terms and Definitions to help you master the terminology
We cover the Key Characteristics of Private Equity Firms
And help you to understand how you can find the right Private Equity Firm for your business
Of course, we cover how Private Equity Firms find their own deals too!
We discuss the Structuring of Private Equity deals
And Deal Value Creation and Key Metrics in Private Equity Finance
Understand what is meant by EBITDA and how to calculate it - Finance Fundamentals
Understand the difference between a Leveraged Buyout ( LBO ) and a Management Buyout ( MBO )
Understand the Private Equity Deal Process, step by step
And we walk through the critical issue of Due Diligence in Private Equity Deals
Valuation and Deal Pricing is covered
Discover how LBO Models are constructed in our comprehensive section (almost a course in its own right!)
We review Risks and Returns in Private Equity
The Exit Options for Private Equity Portfolio Companies are discussed
Then we dive into Trade Sales and M&A in the context of Private Equity Exits
And follow this up with a discussion of Initial Public Offerings or IPOs
We discuss the downside risk in Liquidation scenarios
And have a detailed discussion about "Why Startups fail?"
Finally we discuss how you measure Private Equity Fund Returns
This NINE hour course has over 100 lectures and over 90 downloadable resources
Don't walk into that interview under prepared! Do you homework on Private Equity first by enrolling and completing this course. Plus if you have any questions - post them in the course - I always do my best to answer them.
Not sure yet? Scroll down and watch the Free Preview Lectures!
What makes us qualified to teach you?
This is a Finance course taught by a 30+ year, Managing Director level, Investment Banker - from a practical perspective - I also have an MBA (with Distinction).
Over 101,000 students have enrolled in my Udemy courses, this is what one of them said about this course:
" I like the course and the approach of Sir John Colley. I believe I shall be able to achieve what I want through this course. I am looking forward to deeper and great understanding of the subject as this course will help me to make a career in Credit Analysis" R.R. Five Star
I have been teaching on Udemy since 2014 and am fully committed to it. If you have any questions about the content or anything related to any topic, you can reach out with your questions at any time and I always do my best to respond promptly
Don't forget that this course (and all my courses) benefit from Udemy's money back guarantee!
Check out my other Finance Courses:
If you are interested in Finance, then you will find these courses will help you further:
Company Valuation, Financial Modelling and Analysis
Mini MBA - Foundations of Business Strategy Consulting
Banking and Finance Accounting Statements Financial Analysis
Mini MBA: Business Strategy 2 Business Plan
Investment Banking and Finance: Venture Capital Fundraising
Mergers & Acquisitions - M&A, Valuation & Selling a Company
Investment Banking and Finance: Why Acquisitions Really Fail
A Verifiable Certificate of Completion is presented to all students who undertake this finance course.
Enroll with Confidence!
See you inside the Course!
Who this course is for:
- Any Entrepreneur seeking to master the basics of Entrepreneurship Fundamentals
- Any Entrepreneur or Potential Wall Street Analyst who wishes to expand their knowledge of Finance Fundamentals
- Any prospective Investment Banking analyst who wishes to broaden their knowledge about Private Equity, LBO and MBO 's
- Anyone undertaking Wall Street Prep in advance of applying for a Job or a business degree
- Anyone considering applying for a job in a Private Equity firm
Why are over 100,000 students enrolled in my online courses?
1. I teach with passion from my experience with my students my first priority.
2. My courses will help you to achieve your goals and change your life today.
3. My dedication to teaching! Udemy even named a meeting room after me in their office.
► Try enrolling in a course with me and see for yourself ◄
How can I harness my experience to help you?
Check out my courses to find out
If you don't find what you need, ask me.
"Fantastically put together course and content - very informative and lecturer was very knowledgeable and insightful! Highly Recommend for anyone interested in learning the Fundamentals of PE / VC" Aakarsh
"Very helpful, relevant and insightful I am a professional in Investment Banking and I learned a lot about the processes that senior bankers (VP's and MD's) deal with on a regular basis in detail: Section 4 and onwards was what I was looking for before I purchased the course and I feel my needs were met beyond expectations. One could inaccurately be "concerned" because of the short durations of the videos and think that the content is "brief", "light" or "superficially" covered - it definitely isn't: I've never seen videos in which, literally, every second contained information completely relevant and essential to the topic. I frequently paused videos to take notes. Also the attachments provided as guidance are very detailed and insightful." Daniel
About John Colley, MA, MBA
John is a best selling online instructor, investment banker, international speaker and entrepreneur, whose eLearning courses have been featured on Forbes, The Economist and many other professional platforms.
Over a City of London Investment Banking Career of nearly 30 years, John, the Founder of Six Minute Strategist Consulting, has been teaching over 75,000 students on Udemy since 2013.
In his City career John has:
** Floated companies on the London Stock Exchange
** Worked on British Government Privatisations
** Advised on Hostile Takeovers
** Originated a $300m acquisition in the Far East for a European cement company
** Originated deals for Private Equity Firms
** Raised capital for dozens of Technology companies from Start Ups to Mid Sized companies
** In Mergers and Acquisitions, sold public and private companies
** Worked closely with a wide range of Venture Capital and Private Equity Firms
** Founder and helped managed two Investment Banking Boutiques in London
With two degrees from Cambridge University (Bachelors and Masters), an MBA with Distinction from Cass Business School, John also graduated from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (the UK's West Point) as an Army Officer. His MBA Dissertation won the Tallow Chandler's Prize for the Best MBA Dissertation in his graduating year 1993.
How can I best serve you?
Join my community of over 100,000+ Students, Enrol Today.