Accelerated Piano Course for Beginners
What you'll learn
- - Understand the mechanics of the piano
- - Play piano pieces by the two most common approaches: 1) Reading traditional music notation, 2) By rote, also known as playing by ear
- - Start to develop an efficient piano technique
- - Form a solid foundation in music theory which will include:
- 1. Understanding and reading rhythmic notation
- 2. Understanding and identifying note names
- 3. Understanding and reading from the music staff
- 4. Identify intervals in music
- 5. Learn how to build major and minor scales, chords, and arpeggios
- - Learn and apply the symbols and terminology used to play music with expression including dynamics, articulations, pedal, accents, and other symbols used to manipulate time and volume
- Students should have access to an acoustic piano, digital piano, or electric keyboard. No prior knowledge of music or piano skills is necessary.
Hi, my name is Eduardo Orozco, and together we are going to learn how to play the piano using different learning strategies which will allow you to develop new music skills to enjoy for the rest of your life.
We will learn...
The basis of our music system.
How to play piano either by reading music notation or by rote/ear.
We cover everything you need to start learning about music and piano. From learning how a piano works and the names of the keys to learning how to play a variety of pieces. We will use a combination of learning strategies in the process.
There are exercises and music scores you can download and then work along with me. You will be able to learn on an acoustic piano, digital piano, or electronic keyboard.
We will delve into all the good stuff such as rhythm, names of the notes, music notation, repertoire pieces, technique, scales, arpeggios, chords, and more.
Understand the mechanics of the piano
Play pieces by the two most common learning and teaching approaches:
reading traditional music notation
playing by rote, also known as playing by ear
Start to develop an efficient piano technique
Form a solid foundation in music theory, which will include:
understanding and reading rhythmic notation
understanding and identifying note names
understanding and reading from the music staff
identifying intervals in music
learning how to build major and minor scales, chords, and arpeggios.
Learn and apply the symbols and terminology used to play music with expression including dynamics, articulations, pedal, accents, and other symbols used to manipulate time and sound volume
Discover and develop your own learning style and practice routine that best work for your personality
There are class projects for you to work on, which will enable you to practice what you learn. By the end of this course you will have a great understanding of the basis of music and piano to get you started playing music you have always wanted to learn.
If that all sounds a little too fancy, don't worry, this course is aimed at people new to the piano or who have never played music before. We will start right at the beginning and work our way through step by step.
Who am I?
I'm Eduardo, and I've been teaching and playing as a professional concert pianist for about 30 years. You can hear me play in the course under the lesson "meet your instructor". I enjoy teaching students of all ages since I consider important to pass on my love for music, the piano and also my experience to students of all ages and skill levels. I firmly believe all people are capable to enjoy music by learning how to play a musical instrument. It is my job as a professional teacher to discover my students' learning styles in order to develop the best teaching strategies. I have taught beginner students as young as 3 years old as well as advanced undergraduate and graduate students at different universities.
Time to upgrade yourself?
Sign up for the course and let's learn how to enjoy the world of music and piano.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner piano students
- It is the ideal course for people with little or no prior knowledge of the piano
- It is also a great course for people who perhaps have taken music lessons before but need a refresh course to start playing the piano again
- Students interested in beginning music theory applied to the piano
Eduardo Orozco is a concert pianist and music teacher with almost 30 years of experience teaching students of all levels, including beginners as young as age 3, intermediate, and advanced undergraduate and graduate students at different universities.
He is the Founder and Director of the online piano academy SonamicPiano.
Always involved with the latest research on learning theories in music education, psychology, and neuroscience, he is committed to the best quality instruction and online content creation for piano and music. His dedication to improving online piano teaching strategies is based on his detailed attention to students’ results.
He has developed online piano courses in English and Spanish focusing on:
- Piano Technique
- Piano Pedagogy
- Music Theory
- Music Reading
- Ear Training
His academic studies include:
- Doctor of Musical Arts in piano performance (North Dakota State University)
- Master of Music in piano performance (Kansas state University)
- Bachelor of Arts in piano performance (Missouri Western State University)
As a performer, he has given recitals and concerts in the United States, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. He has also performed as a soloist and as an orchestral pianist with different orchestras in the United States and Mexico. As a teacher, he has worked as a private piano teacher, university professor and has also offered masterclasses at different institutions, music organizations, and international piano festivals.
In addition to his activities as a teacher and performer, he dedicates his work developing online piano courses in order to promote his love for music and the piano by offering high-quality online piano instruction at an affordable cost to people around the world.