Introductory course in Biotechnology
What you'll learn
- In this course, you will learn the necessary concepts to understand the basics in the field of Biotechnology.
- The essentials of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry will be covered.
- High school science is recommended.
In this course, I will go through cells, DNA and RNA, as well as proteins.
Firstly, you will learn what the main types of cells are and their different characteristics. Secondly, you will learn what DNA is and where it is located in the cell and how it can get damaged. You will also learn what RNA is and how it relates to DNA. Thirdly, you will learn what proteins are and how they are used as therapeutics.
Who this course is for:
- Prospective/current students in Biotechnology.
- Industry professionals interested in continuing education.
- Investors/VCs looking to learn more about key concepts of the field.
I am an experienced engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the Biotech and Pharmaceutical industry, as well as the Academia; in Sweden and in the USA.
My skills include, but are not limited to, fermentation process development, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Quality Control, Cell- and Molecular Biology, as well as Immunology.
I have worked at the University of California San Francisco, at Affibody, Crucell and AstraZeneca.