Introduction to WordPress - Learn to Setup Your Own Website
- You should have a PC or a Mac and Access to the Internet. No Experience is Required.
Have you always wanted your own website but didn't know where to start?
If this sounds like you then you are in the right place. You will look over my shoulder as i walk you, step-by-step, through exactly how to setup and start using a WordPress powered website in a matter of minutes.
We will cover the following in this WordPress Introduction:
- How to Select the Right Web Hosting to Meet your Needs
- How to Use the Tools Provided from the Web Hosts to Install and get WordPress up and Running in Under Five Minutes.
- You will Learn and Become Very Familiar with the WordPress Dashboard
- You will Learn how to Find and Install WordPress Themes
- You will Understand what Permalink are and How to Use them
- We'll look at Theme Specific settings to harness the Power of Our Selected Theme
- We'll Change the WordPress Header to a Customer Header Designed for your Site
- We will Set Up a Custom Email Account for your Site Directly in the Web Hosts Dashboard
- We'll Set Up a Contact Form so People Can Contact You Directly from Your Site
- We'll Set Up a Blog
- Well Add Images to Our Site and Posts
By the time you have completed this course you will be comfortable with WordPress and managing your own site.
We have a lot to cover, so I'll see you inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone Who Wants to Learn How to Setup a Website and Use WordPress
Hi, My name is Scott Falls and I've been working in accounting/finance going on twenty years.
For my entire professional career I've used Excel.
Since the 90's I've been the Excel "go-to" guy in every company I've worked. Senior management has always relied on me to complete complex tasks involving massive amounts of data. They also sent me to numerous live Excel training courses over the years, from the basics to advanced classes.
The problem I always had with this type of training was that I never felt like I learned what I needed to learn. I'd go with a list of questions about how to actually solve real problems from work and the majority of the class centered on very generic training. Not too many real world examples.
So after recently sending some staff to a class with an outside training company we realized that we weren't getting the benefit we had hoped for, the staff came back with some knowledge but not that real world experience that I needed them to have. Since I was always the "Go To" guy for Excel questions the senior management team approached me about putting together an in house training program. So I spend a lot of time creating the most useful training programs I could devise.
What makes this training the absolute BEST training that you can buy? Besides using real world examples, I've found the absolute best way for me to train someone is to have them sit right next to me while I show them how I perform the work that needs to get done.
So I devised a training program that uses real world examples solved as if you're sitting right next to me.
I have found that this is the absolute best way for you to see how real world work is done!
So when asked to become an instructor on Udemy I jumped at the chance.
I love teaching and sharing my knowledge, I think it's awesome seeing someone go from an absolute beginner to a very confident master.
Check out my courses to learn more and if you don't see something that you like drop me an email.