Introduction to Windows Server 2016 for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Set-up a Virtual LAN With VirtualBox
- Install Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 as Virtual Machines
- How to Navigate Windows Server 2016
- Install and Configure Active Directory
- Create and Manage User and Computer Accounts in Active Directory
- Configure Windows Server 2016 as a DHCP Server
- Windows Server DNS and Name Resolution Fundamentals
- Configure Windows Server 2016 as an IIS Web Server
- Configure Windows Server 2016 as a Print Server
- Understand and Create Active Directory Groups and Organizational Units
- Understand and Create Group Policies With Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Learn Fundamentals of NTFS and Share Permissions
- Set-up User Quotas with File Server Resource Manager (FSRM)
- Enable Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) for Remote Administration
- Utilize Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to Approve and Deploy Windows Updates to Client Systems
- Utilize Windows Server Backups to Backup and Restore Data
- Learn to Write Basic PowerShell Active Directory Commands
- Newer Computer with Fast 64-Bit Processor, 8-12GB of RAM, and 150GB Extra Hard Drive Space
- Internet Access to Download Software and Windows Operating System ISO Files
- A Desire to Learn
LEARN THE FUNDAMENTALS OF WINDOWS SERVER 2016 SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
Are you looking to learn the basics of Windows Server 2016 system administration? If so, this is the perfect course for you!
In this 8-hour course, I'll show you step-by-step, the fundamentals of Windows Server 2016, giving you a solid foundation of Microsoft’s most popular server operating system using VirtualBox, a free virtualization software platform, to create your own virtualized lab at home.
If you’re looking to advance or begin your career in Information Technology (IT), this course is a must!
Throughout this course, you’ll learn by doing, getting valuable hands-on experience.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS COURSE:
Set-up a Virtual LAN with VirtualBox
Install Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 as Virtual Machines
How to Navigate Windows Server 2016
Create and Manage User and Computer Accounts in Active Directory
Configure Windows Server 2016 as a DHCP Server
Windows Server DNS and Name Resolution Fundamentals
Configure Windows Server 2016 as an IIS Web Server
Configure Windows Server 2016 as a Print Server
Understand and Create Active Directory Groups and Organizational Units
Understand and Create Group Policies with Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
Learn the Fundamentals of NTFS and Share Permissions
Set-up User Quotas with File Server Resource Manager (FSRM)
Enable Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) for Remote Administration
Utilize Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to Approve and Deploy Windows Updates to Client Systems
Utilize Windows Server Backups to Backup and Restore Data
Learn to Write Basic PowerShell Active Directory Commands
And Much More!
Once you complete this course, you’ll have set-up your own Windows Server as an Active Directory Domain Controller, DNS Server, DHCP Server, IIS Web Server, Print Server, File Server, WSUS Server, and much more giving you a very solid understanding of System Administration.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? ENROLL TODAY!
PREVIEW OVER 1 HOUR OF THIS COURSE THROUGH MY 13 FREE LECTURES, JUST SCROLL DOWN BELOW AND CLICK THE BLUE PREVIEW BUTTONS.
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring & Inexperienced IT Professionals
- Anyone Wanting to Expand Their Knowledge of VirtualBox Virtualization
- Anyone Wanting to Expand Their Knowledge of Windows Server 2016
Alton Teaches LLC is dedicated to providing IT training to aspiring IT professionals.
KISS. Teaching Approach
We follow a “Keep It Simple Student” approach to learning, breaking down complex topics into simplified discussions.
We Focus on the Fundamentals
One of our central philosophies is to teach you to crawl before you can walk. Why is this important? You can’t be a successful IT practitioner without mastering the fundamentals first.
We’re Here to Help You
Whether you’re brand new to IT or a seasoned IT professional, we welcome everybody. In fact, we cater to those looking to transition to IT.
Wisdom Begins with Wonder - Socrates
Alton Hardin is a former college professor and the founder and lead instructor at Alton Teaches LLC and MicroGrinder Poker School, as well as a best-selling author. He holds two graduate degrees, a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) with a specialization in Information Assurance and Security Management, and a Master’s of Science (MS) in Information Technology Network Management. He has multiple IT industry certifications, including the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP #740196), ITIL, Security+, Network+, Project+, eLearnSecurity Junior Penetration Tester (eJPT), and several other certifications.
Alton has worked in information technology since 1999 and spent the last 12 years as a Cybersecurity specialist at the United States Department of Treasury before transitioning to teaching IT full-time. Alton also has a fond love for teaching. As an undergraduate, he group tutored chemistry students, and as a graduate student, he taught a GMAT prep course. Upon graduating from his MBA program, he began teaching as an adjunct professor for the School of Business & Public Administration at his local state university in the field of Information Systems and IT Management.
He is also the founder of MicroGrinder Poker School, an online poker school dedicated to micro stakes poker players, where he provides a wide array of free and low-cost poker resources and poker training, including poker strategy articles and poker training video series. He is also the Amazon #1 best-selling author of Essential Poker Math, Expanded Edition.
The Beautiful Thing About Learning Is That No One Can Take It Away from You. - B.B. King