Design of Water Treatment Systems for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Define Waterborne deceases caused by drinking contaminated water
- Recognize the needed information to design a water treatment system
- Select the appropriate basic unit processes involved in the water treatment chain (sedimentation, coagulation and flocculation, filtration, softening, desalination and disinfection)
- Design the components of a water treatment system using simplified calculations
- Basic principles of Physics and Chemistry
This is an introductory course for water treatment that focuses on conventional, basic and latest technologies of treatment systems. It provides explanations, calculations, and tips to design small to medium scale water treatment systems.
The lectures cover all the unit processes involved in the treatment chain including:
-Enhanced sedimentation by using coagulation and flocculation
-Water filtration using multimedia vessels and cartridge filters
-Water softening (removal of calcium and magnesium) using resin ion exchange technique
-Iron removal techniques
-Basics of desalination using a reverse osmosis system
-Disinfection techniques and chemicals
-Water safe storage
The lectures contain practical examples and a case study with detailed calculations in order to size the different components of the water treatment chain.
This course is designed for anyone that is interested in learning about the basics of water treatment (beginners, engineers, humanitarians working in the WaSH sector, etc..). It provides simple and detailed explanations making the course fun and easy to understand.
After completion of the course, the student will be able to understand the basics of water treatment and fully design all the components of small to medium scale water treatment systems to treat contaminated water using simplified calculations, practical tips, and latest technologies.
I am always available for any support and help.
30 day money-back guarantee
This course comes with an unconditional, Udemy backed, 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with the course for any reason, simply request a refund and get your full purchase amount back, no questions asked.
Who this course is for:
- Humanitarians working in the WASH sector
- Beginners starting a new career in water treatment
- Anyone who wants to learn about the basics of water treatment
My name is Joyce Kreidi.
I have a a B.E. in civil & environmental engineering, and a diploma in water resources.
For the past five years, I have worked in the water and wastewater treatment fields. I mainly design water filtration, softening and reverse osmosis systems, as well as sewage treatment plants using the MBBR and activated sludge technologies.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact or message me.