Introduction to Value Growth Investing
- No specific software is needed to follow along with the course
- A Google docs account or spreadsheet application is needed to view downloaded financial data
This course will introduce you to value growth investing, a method of investing that seeks out growth companies and identifies when they are good value for money. It is a relatively safe method of investing that builds on the guiding principles of Warren Buffett, the world’s most successful investor.
The course will also help you to decide whether investing is for you and is intended for beginner or intermediate investors, though some prior knowledge of the stock market would be helpful.
You will also be taken step-by-step through the process of screening for stocks online and downloading financial statements to import into a spreadsheet for further analysis.
It is not a course packed with investment theory since there are many good general investment courses around already. It is more practical and introduces a tried and tested system of investing that has returned 20-30% per year since 2001.
The course takes you through a basic overview of investing in general and introduces you to the concepts of value growth investing using graphic intensive slideshows with voiceover.
You then get a walkthrough of the process of screening for stocks, downloading financial data and importing it into a spreadsheet, using recordings of the computer screen with voiceover (screencasts).
Why should I take this course?
Do you have questions such as:
- Should I be investing in the stock market?
- How can I organise my time and investing resources?
- Is there a step-by-step method of investing I can follow?
If so then this introduction to value growth investing should help you to take the next steps to securing your financial future.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people who aren’t sure if investing is for them
- It is also for beginning or intermediate investors who are looking for a step-by-step approach
- A basic understanding of the concepts of investing would be helpful, though not essential
- This course is not for people who want a ‘get rich quick’ scheme – building wealth takes time
- 05:05The 7 Pillars of Stock Market Investing
- 05:39Administration and Housekeeping
- 06:47Introduction to Investing
- 04:54Introduction to Value Growth Investing
- 13:23Screening for Stocks Online
- 09:35Screening for Stocks Using Unclestock.com
- 04:51Company Analysis
- 10:38Financial Analysis
- 4 questionsQuick quiz
Bill has been investing his own money in the stock market since 2001 and has been making a 20-30% return since then. This enabled him to retire from his UK medical practice at the age of 50 and emigrate to Australia.
He has been teaching people to invest in a one-to-one setting for many years and has now extended his reach by offering online courses and his Value Growth Investing Academy.
Bill's teaching style is practical and step-by-step and he breaks complex subjects down into simple bite-sized pieces that are easy to understand and implement.