Introduction to Ultrasonic Inspection / Ultrasonic Testing
What you'll learn
- You will learn the basics of ultrasonic inspection
- You will learn how calibration is made on a flaw detector for a particular inspection job
- You will get familiar with the terminology in ultrasonic inspection
- You will be able to follow practical demonstrations
- This course is for beginners in ultrasonic inspection
This course provides an overview in Ultrasonic Inspection. Practical demonstration using an Ultrasonic Instrument supports the theoretical information provided. The students will learn the terminology used in this field of material inspection and will be able to understand the basic functionality of ultrasonic testing equipment. At the end of this course the student will be able to perform a basic calibration utilizing any standard ultrasonic testing equipment.
Who this course is for:
- All people interested in material inspection
- Students studying material examination, quality control or welding technology and the like
- Quality control people in the manufacturing industry dealing with metal fabrication
- Everybody who considers to go for a Level 1 course in ultrasonic inspection
- Everybody who wants to become an ultrasonic testing operator
I am an engineer and I have more than 30 years experience in Ultrasonic Inspection from various assignments like Technical Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Business Devolopment Manager within the Krautkraemer Organization, later Agfa and finally GE Inspection Technology.
Since 2011 I am running my own company United NDT GmbH in Germany and cooperate with Sonotron NDT, one of the Technology Leaders in Ultrasonic Inspection, in particular for the Phased Array Technology.
My target is to teach people with focus on the practical side of Ultrasonic Inspection.