Starter kit for Scrum Master using JIRA - The day2day job
What you'll learn
- Working as a Scrum Master using JIRA, showing you how the theory translates into practice.
- What needs to be done before starting Sprint1, aka Sprint Zero.
- A realistic example of starting a project in JIRA with things you need to do in a day-to-day life of a Scrum Master.
- Tips on how to be organized and setup your team's success using Scrum and JIRA. You will have real-life insight that the Scrum Guide doesn't talk about.
- In JIRA: Create/Edit/View "Epics/Story/Sub-tasks", add versions, configure the Scrum board.
- Original examples to remember the Scrum Pillars and Scrum Values.
You have no experience as a Scrum Master? You are new to the job market and you wonder how to start? Then this is THE class for you!! You will gain the confidence to go for an interview or start working since you will feel like you already have some experience. It's not just about the knowledge of Scrum but the knowledge of working as a Scrum Master.
Throughout this beginner's class, I will be your personal mentor. I will coach you into your role of a Scrum Master by looking at the practical aspects of the job, using basic JIRA.
With this starter kit, I will also present the product so if you are a new Product Owner, this will be a helpful example for you.
JIRA, being one of the most commonly used tool in Scrum, is the one that we will use to manage the backlog, user stories and to track the team's progress towards their Sprint Goal.
As a BONUS, I will also be showing you how to use Confluence as a documentation tool.
Whenever I mention the Scrum Guide, rest assured that I am referring to the latest 2020 Scrum Guide.
For an experienced Scrum Master, stay tuned for upcoming advanced lesson.
Who this course is for:
- You want to become a Scrum Master or you are new to the role.
- You are new to software development that uses Scrum.
- You have no knowledge of Scrum
- You want to create a mobile or web application and want to organize your ideas using JIRA .
- You are new to managing a project using the Scrum framework or managing a Scrum team using JIRA.
- You are a Product Owner who wants to use JIRA.
- You are a Project Manager who wants to understand Scrum and how JIRA can be used to manage the project.
I am a full-time Scrum Master working in Canada. I am very much still hands-on in this role therefore my courses reflect real-world situations. They are based on real life experiences and observations. Sounds like empiricism right?
I have been a Certified Scrum Master since 2013 and have found this to be the most rewarding role yet in my career. I worked with small (5 people) to large teams (10+), up to 3 concurrent teams and developers located in different time zones. Prior to the Scrum Master role, I was in the testing field for 10 years.
My Scrum experience comes from challenges faced while working in small (startups) to large size international companies in different sectors : building automation, insurance, transportation, banking and finance.
I was exposed to the development of hardware, firmware, APIs, web applications, and mobile applications.
I enjoy working with new teams, new organisations, and in new sectors of industry as it becomes the fuel for my growth. I continuously apply the principles of Inspection and Adaptation in all aspects of my life.