Introduction to the MongoDB
What you'll learn
- Understand difference between relational and document databases
- Explain such data formats as JSON, Extended JSON and BSON
- Describe most commonly used BSON data types such as ObjectID, Date, String and NumberInt
- Understand MongoDB structure - Databases, Collections and Documents
- Explain how MongoDB server is managed using MongoDB Shell
- Practice insertion of the documents into the collection
- Use different query methods such as findOne() and operators such as $and, $or, $gt and $ne
- Understand and utilize update methods such as updateOne() and updateMany()
- Become familiar with update operators such as $set, $unset and $inc
- Successfully delete documents from the collection using deleteOne() and deleteMany() methods
- Explain what is Aggregation Framework, MongoDB Utilities and Indexes
- Understand what is external MongoDB driver and what is it's purpose
- No prior MongoDB knowledge is required
- You need just your computer
This course is for total beginners in MongoDB.
Goal of the course is to give you understanding of what is MongoDB, which main features it has and of course try to use those features yourself.
**NOTE** This course has edited by hand English Closed Captions (CC) for all lectures. They were also translated to many different languages. Please feel free to enable them in the video player.
You will learn how to perform following actions:
Insert documents into the collections
Find documents using different query operators such as $and, $or, $gt
Update documents using update operators such as $set and $unset
You will be also able to explain some advanced MongoDB features such as:
MongoDB Replica Set
MongoDB external drivers
Enroll now and learn basics of MongoDB!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to get in touch with MongoDB and understand it's main features and capabilities
- Developers who worked with relational databases such as MySQL and want to expand their knowledge towards document databases
- Full-stack developers who want to start learning MEAN or MERN stacks - MongoDB is one of the components in those stacks
Do you really want to understand and practice instead of sitting and watching long presentations or trying to code along without any clue what is happening behind the scenes?
Join me in any of my courses and you will get real knowledge based on the deep understanding of every single topic.
But who am I?
My name is Bogdan Stashchuk and I teach students more than 20 years. I am working as Software Engineer and love to teach and learn myself.
I have a huge experience in explaining difficult things in an easy to understand format backed up with practice activities. That is the perfect combination that enables you to really learn and retain gained knowledge for a long period of time.
Let's connect in the Social Networks! All links you could find under the profile picture.
See you on my courses!