Introduction To Technical Writing
What you'll learn
- Understand what Technical Writing is and what it is not
- Knowing how to create a Technical Writing document from scratch
- Knowing how to check and ensure the quality of Technical Writing documents
- Being aware of the skills and knowledge a Technical Writer needs
- Knowing how to approach a blank page in Technical Writing
- Knowing how to properly plan and follow a structured writing process
- Understanding how to collect and organise your contents
- Knowing how to write and edit a Technical Writing document
- No Technical Writing experience is required
- No writing experience is required
- No technical expertise is required
- This is a beginners guide to Technical Writing. Just hop on board!
As technology has made its way into every part of our lives, we are required to understand and use new technology on a regular basis. While some products and procedures are easy to comprehend, we often find ourselves confronted with technology that just leaves us clueless. This is where Technical Writing comes into play: It helps us to understand technology by explaining it to us in a clear, concise and easy-to-understand manner.
Therefore, Technical Writing plays a major role in communication technology and processes. It helps us to understand and use certain products or follow certain procedures effectively and safely – and this is exactly why Technical Writing has become an essential part of product development. However, many engineers, designers, product managers and even writers struggle when being asked to create a Technical Writing document. And this is where this class comes into play!
Who should join
This course is the perfect match for engineers, product managers and all other kinds of professionals working in the field of technology who want to improve their Technical Writing, and all writers who consider becoming Technical Writers.
What you will learn
In this course, you will learn
what Technical Writing is and what it is not
how to create a Technical Writing document from scratch
how to ensure the quality of your Technical Writing document
which skills and knowledge you need to become a great Technical Writer
how to approach the blank page in Technical Writing
how to properly plan your writing process
how to collect and organize your contents
how to write and edit your document
Sounds good? Then join me in this class and make your first steps as a Tech Writer!
Who this course is for:
- Engineers who are sometimes asked to write documentation
- Product managers who are sometimes asked to write documentation
- All kinds of writers who want to try Technical Writing
- Professionals working in the field of technology who want to improve their Technical
- Everybody interested in Technical Writing
Hello, I'm Kat!
I'm passionate about all things writing, language and communication. As an anthropologist, I specialized in the field of effective communication and how we, as humans, can build trust through communication.
What I do
I've worked as a communication strategist for several years before becoming a full-time writer. Today, I support digital product teams by creating and editing all kinds of writing with them – from tiny microcopy in coffee machine interfaces to essays and blog articles.
What I teach
My areas of expertise include
- UX Writing
- Content Writing
- Technical Writing
- Personal Writing such as Journaling.
How I teach
I love making sense of all these forms of writing, discovering their similarities and their differences, their logic and their structure. In my courses, I always try to draw the bigger picture while keeping things practical and providing hands-on advice. You wanna know what that looks like?
No problem, hop on and share a class with me!