Introduction to Structural Reinforced Concrete in 1 Hour!
What you'll learn
- Learn what is structural reinforced concrete
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of reinforced cocnrete
- Learn about structural concrete elements
- Determine what factors affect the strength of concrete
- Learn about the compressive strength of concrete
- Understand the stress-strain curve of concrete
- Calculate the tensile, flexural, shear strength, modulus of elasticity, poisson's ratio, shear modulus, and modular ratio for concrete
- Understand the difference between concrete shrinkage, expansion, and creep
- Learn about the fire resistance of concrete as well high-performance, lightweight, and fibrous concrete
- Realize the significance of steel reinforcement within reinforced concrete and how it works
- The course will be more beneficial if students have a basic understanding of stress and strain
- Students should also be familiar with concepts such as force and bending moments
Welcome to the Introduction to Structural Reinforced Concrete in 1 Hour course where you will learn about the fundamental properties of reinforced concrete, one of the most commonly used materials on this planet.
My name is Abdul, and I will be leading you through this course. I began my career as a structural engineer in the offshore and subsea oil and gas industry. After 5 years of structural engineering, I have transitioned to developing a platform for engineering content. I am currently the founder of Engineering Examples. See website below.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to identify the advantages and disadvantages of reinforced concrete, calculate various mechanical properties such as as the tensile and flexural strength of concrete according to the American Concrete Institute Code 318-11, and learn about how steel is used to improve the performance of reinforced concrete.
There are 36 lectures within this course. They have been prepared in the most clear and concise manner possible in order to avoid overwhelming students. We start from the basics of what is reinforced concrete all the way to covering how steel is incorporated within a concrete member. Each lecture builds slowly on top of what you have already learned. This course should take 1-2 weeks to complete.
This course is ideal for architects, engineers, construction professionals, and anyone else who wants to learn more about reinforced concrete.
This course is also great for college or university students looking to work in architecture, engineering, or construction.
Feel free to look through the course description and I look forward to seeing you inside.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for architects, engineers, and people involved in construction
- This course is also perfect for anyone interested in learning more about structural reinforced concrete
My name is Abdul Siraj. I have a bachelor's degree in civil engineering and a master's degree in structural engineering. I have over 5 years of experience as a structural engineer in the offshore and subsea oil and gas industry. I am also the founder of Engineering Examples.
I'm constantly learning new engineering concepts and would love to share them with the rest of the world. My goal is to create courses on a variety of engineering topics ranging from structural to mechanical to chemical engineering.
When teaching, I prefer to focus on application rather than theory because I feel true understanding is when you can apply what have learned.
Please support me in this effort.