Introduction to Spring Boot 2 and Spring Framework 5
- Basic Java knowledge is required
This course a free introduction to Spring Boot 2 and Spring Framework 5.
Inside the course you will learn how easy it is to build a web application using Spring Boot 2.
You will learn how to create the initial Spring Boot project using the Spring Initializer.
Next is creating JPA Entities for persistence to a database using Hibernate.
Spring Boot will auto configure an in-memory H2 database, and you will see how to use Spring Boot with Spring Data JPA to initialize data into the database.
Finally, you are shown how to display data from the database on a web page with Spring MVC and Thymeleaf templates.
If you are new to Spring Boot, this is the perfect course to get you started!
Who this course is for:
- Java Developers
- Anyone wishing to get started with Spring!
- 08:14Setting up your Development Environment
- 15:25Spring Initializer
- 08:52Open Project in IntelliJ
- 1 questionAssignment - Create New Spring Boot Project
- 12:20GitHub Workflow
- 13:01JPA Entities
- 05:07Equality in Hibernate
- 04:56Spring Data Repositories
- 08:31Initializing Data with Spring
- 1 questionAdd Publisher Entity
- 08:35Publisher Relationships
- 05:09H2 Database Console
- 05:11Introduction to Spring MVC
- 06:14Configuring Spring MVC Controllers
- 11:10Thymeleaf Templates
- 1 questionDisplay List of Authors
Hi. I'm John.
I've been in the IT industry for over 20 years. Today, I specialize mainly in Java, the most successful and widely known programming language in use today. I also specialize with the Spring Framework, which the most popular open source application framework for building enterprise class applications on the Java platform. Just some of the organizations I've worked with include Visa, Kohls, Federal Home Loan Bank, and Belk Department Stores.
Through the courses I'm providing, I hope to leverage my years of experience to accelerate your learning of the Spring Framework. I'm not going to lie to you. The Spring Framework is a big framework. The environment for enterprise Java is even bigger. If you're new to Java, you have a lot to learn. I hope through the content on this web site I can accelerate your education of the Java and Spring landscape.