Introduction to Spoken Swahili
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course, your will be able to greet people, introduce yourself and others, carry out simple conversations, learn about present tense, past tense and future tense, say simple phrases in the different tenses, as well as numbers in Swahili.
- Ability to access the Udemy website and dowload and read supporting material in PDF and DOC formats.
This is an introductory course in Spoken Kiswahili taught by Julius Muange and produced by Orrasis.
Julius Muange has been teaching Swahili as a Spoken language for over 25 years. During this time he has taught in schools, universities and several organizations such as US Peace Corps, Divine World Missionaries, British Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) as well as Lewis and Clark College from the USA.
Julius Muange teaches this course in English through video presentations along with downloadable PDFs which will contain vocabulary and grammar construction notes. This beginners course will teach greetings, introductions, present continuous tense, past tense, future tense, and numbers. Various themes will be used to build vocabulary while learning the lessons.
Please join us in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Those looking to learn Spoken Swahili, especially those living in East Africa or who will be visiting East Africa. This is an introductory level course.
- Expats living in East Africa
- Business visitors to East Africa
Julius Muange has been teaching Swahili as a spoken language for over 25 years. During this time he has taught in schools, universities and several organizations such as US Peace Corps, Divine World Missionaries, British Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) as well as Lewis Clark College from the USA..Currently he is running swahili courses in East Africa. He has over time developed a very functional spoken swahili course which has become very popular in East African region.
He currently teaches Spoken Swahili to over 40 students on a one-to-one basis as well as small groups in Nairobi, Kenya. These students are mostly from the expat community in Nairobi, seeking to learn Spoken Swahili to conduct business and converse with the locals in Kenya. Most have continued taking these courses developed by Julius over a period of two years to obtain full proficiency in speaking Swahili like a native speaker.