Introduction To Space Planning In Interiors
What you'll learn
- Space Planning for Interior Decorating and Design
- A passion for all things interior design and decorating is highly recommended.
All rooms are first and foremost functional spaces, in which we live, eat, entertain, sleep, read, dress, bathe etc. If the room does not meet its first critical criteria of functionality – it really won’t matter how beautiful it looks!
So before you begin to consider how the room will look and feel, you need to plan the space.
All of our courses have been designed to be stand-alone courses and can be done in any order. However, if you are interested in taking all of our courses – we’d like to recommend an order in which to do them (although it’s not required):
· Popular Interior Design Styles and How to Use Them
· Design Principles & Elements in Interiors
· Introduction to Colour In Interiors
· Textiles & Fabrics
· Introduction to Space Planning
· Staging and Styling Interior Spaces
· Simple Guide to Curtains and Blinds in Interiors
· Simple Guide to Furniture Styles in Interiors
Who this course is for:
- • This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn great interior design and decorating techniques
- • This course is also ideal for enthusiasts, interior design students and professional interior designers who are new to their field
Melanie spent years working in the PR and Advertising space, but in 2011 she put her lifelong passion for décor and design into practise and founded Chapters International.
Responding to a largely unregulated décor and design industry, Melanie has nurtured and grown Chapters into a force for change – professionalising and upskilling the industry through skills development and the transferring of knowledge.
Melanie’s marketing expertise coupled with her discerning eye for interior design, has distinguished Chapters as a leading training platform in the industry that offers both public and custom training programmes. The company counts Hertex, Guild of Landscape Designers and Italtile among their diverse portfolio of clients.
She is currently completing the Schouten Global Training for Trainers international Certification Program, an internationally recognised course, which will enable her to add even more value for clients through Chapters.