Introduction to Schizophrenia (Fully Accredited)
What you'll learn
- What is Schizophrenia?
- Symptoms of Schizophrenia
- How common is Schizophrenia?
- What are some of the causes of Schizophrenia?
- How is Schizophrenia assessed?
- How is Schizophrenia diagnosed?
- A Brief history of diagnosing and treating Schizophrenia
- The 4 main types of Schizophrenia
- Prescribed Medicines for Treatment of Schizophrenia (direct advice on medications not provided)
- Talking Therapies for Schizophrenia
- Psycho-Social Interventions for Schizophrenia
- Help and support organisations for the public, carers, professionals and family members
- A good basic standard of English
- An interest in the subject
This course is fully accredited by IAOTH (International Association of Therapists) and a certificate is provided upon completion. This course is packed with lectures and narrated PowerPoint presentations and overall, provides a comprehensive introduction to Schizophrenia, how it is assessed, how it is diagnosed, its symptoms, treatments available, historical developments and evidence about the potential causes of the condition.
The style of teaching is relaxed, informal and professional and throughout the course, students are encouraged to think through issues covered and to discuss with friends, colleagues or associates. Students are also encouraged to get in touch with the lecturer with any questions or queries they may have. The lecturer also welcomes students opinion on any of the points discussed throughout the course.
An excellent course for anyone with an interest in the topic, either from a personal or professional perspective. The course is taught by Kevin O'Doherty, Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness and CBT Therapist. Kevin has worked in mental health for over 20 years and has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience during that time. This course is also available via live streaming and face to face upon request. Individuals and organisations alike are encouraged to get in touch.
Who this course is for:
- Staff working in social care or mental health
- People who have a friend or family member with schizophrenia
- Members of the general public with an interest in schizophrenia
- People working in education
- Therapists who would like to know more about schizophrenia
- Medical staff who may come into contact with people displaying symptoms of schizophrenia
All of my online courses on Udemy are fully accredited by IAOTH, with certificates provided on completion. I also provide all of my courses via live streaming to groups and individuals.
I am a Psychologist, Forensic Mental Health Expert, CBT Therapist and Author of several self help books. I also carry out Medico Legal Psychological Assessments for Law firms. I provide Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for clients based all over the world with the aid of Virtual Programme Software such as Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp and Doxy. I consult, advise and deliver training on all aspects of forensic mental health in the UK, Europe and USA on request.
I find my work as a Forensic Mental Health Expert Witness fascinating and I do hope that I present some of that fascination to the student during the course.
In addition to our Cgforensicmentalhealth website, we also have Calibre Gold website.