Introduction to Reverse Osmosis Desalination
What you'll learn
- Learn why we need Desalination
- Understand the basics and aspects of Reverse Osmosis Desalination
- Learn energy consumption and cost of producingn water from reverse osmose desalination
- Undestand the environmental impacts and challenges associated with Desalination.
- No requirements or prerequisites are needed.
Desalination is a recurrent term in our era. In fact, it is a technology that went through a huge development since its apparition, and today it is a reliable water treatment technique that allows producing drinking water from oceans.
Desalination has also benefited from technological advances in pumps, energy recovery devices, machine learning, and data science.
Reverse osmosis technology is today the privileged technique for desalination used in thousands of facilities around the world.
In this course, we will discuss reverse osmosis desalination from many angles:
- Firstly, we will discuss the reasons we need desalination
- Secondly, we will review seawater composition
- Thirdly, we will explain how the process of reverse osmosis works
- Next, we will explore energy consumption and the cost of reverse osmosis desalination
- Finally, we will shed light on the environmental impacts of the reverse osmosis process.
After the completion of this course, you will understand better reverse osmosis desalination, how it works, its energy consumption, and cost. You will also understand how important it is for many countries to deal with water scarcity and climate change.
You will also understand the environmental impact problems desalination can have, and how it is important to mitigate these effects to preserve the ecosystem.
I hope you enjoy the course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone curious about the process of reverse osmosis desalination.
Hi, I'm Dr. Abdeljalil Chougradi. I have five years of experience in teaching environmental engineering. I take an interest in sharing knowledge about environmental engineering and science.
I started the brand ‘’Green Courses” which aims to give learners essential knowledge about environmental education so that they can understand better the dangers surrounding planet earth's environment and take action accordingly. The brand also takes a particular interest in water chemistry and water treatment technologies engineering.
Thus, the courses under the brand ‘’Green Courses” aim to:
- Explain major phenomena endangering our environment,
- Raise awareness of environmental issues and dangers surrounding us,
- Provide knowledge about water chemistry and water treatment engineering.