Did you ever hear the terms Desalination? Reverse osmosis? And wonder what they mean?
Did you ever wonder how is it possible to produce drinking water from oceans?
What do you know about reverse osmosis facilities ?
Are you interested in knowing how these facilities work?
Do you want to know how much energy desalination consumes? and how much does it cost?
Are you curious about reverse osmosis desalination impacts on the environment ?
Then in this course, I will give you answers to these questions in a simplified and concise and way.
To answer these questions, the course follows this summary:
- Firstly we will discuss the reasons why desalination is needed
- Secondly, we will review seawater composition
- Thirdly, we will explain how the process of reverse osmosis works
- Next, we will explore energy consumption and cost of reverse osmosis desalination
- Finally, we will shed light on the environmental impacts of the reverse osmosis process.
After the completion of this course, you will be able understand better reverse osmosis desalination and how it works. You will understand how important it is for many countries and the econommical and energetic challenges it poses.
You will also understand the environmental impact problems desalination can have, and how it is important to mitigate this impacts to preserve the ecosystem.
I hope you will enroll and enjoy the course.