Fundamentals of Remote Sensing with Google Earth Engine
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course, students will be able to master concepts in remote sensing
- Learn the basics of remote sensing principles
- Master the image processing skills: mosaicking, compositing, resampling, reprojection, spectral unmixing, and classification
- Access and download freely available Earth observation satellite data
- Get familiarized with various satellite sensors and remotely sensed products
- Understand the applications of remote sensing
- Process and analyze big Earth observation data using cloud computing
- This course has no requirements.
Do you want to learn the fundamentals of remote sensing?
Do you want to learn how to access, process and analyze remote sensing and GIS data using free open source tools?
Do you want to solve a real-world problem using freely available satellite data?
Do you want to acquire new hands-on Remote Sensing skills that will prepare you for a remote sensing and GIS job in the geospatial industry?
Enroll in this Fundamentals of Remote Sensing with Google Earth Engine course.
I will provide you with hands-on training with example GIS and Remote Sensing data, sample scripts, and real-world applications.
By taking this course, you will take your satellite remote sensing skills to the next level by gaining proficiency in satellite remote sensing and geospatial analysis with GEE, a cloud-based Earth observation and GIS data visualization analysis by powered by Google.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
I have over 10 years of experience in processing and analyzing real GIS and Earth observation data from various sources including Landsat, MODIS, Sentinel-2, SRTM and other remote sensing products. I am also the recipient of one the prestigious NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship. I teach over 10,000 students on Udemy.
The course covers various topics including introduction to remote sensing, types of resolutions, remote sensing data sources, digital image processing, and image classification.
In this course, I will use real satellite data including Landsat, MODIS, Sentinel-2, and others to provide you a hands-on practical experience of working with freely available remotely sensed data. I will walk you through using a step by step video tutorials to process and analyze remote sensing data with using cloud platform. In addition to learning the basic concepts, theories and terminologies, you will also learn the steps for image processing including mosaicking, resampling, reprojections, compositing, spectral unmixing, spectral transformation, and classification using real world satellite data and example scripts. All sample data and script will be provided to you as an added bonus throughout the course.
Jump in right now to enroll. To get started click the enroll button.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning how to process and analyze Earth observation data with Google earth Engine
- Anyone interested to learning the basics of satellite remote sensing