Introduction to Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi Model B Kit
#1 Raspberry Pi course on Udemy, in terms of students (over 3,000)
#1 Raspberry Pi course on Udemy, in terms of reviews (over 80)
#1 Raspberry Pi course on udemy, in terms of 5 star reviews (over 40)
Bonus content added regularly. Latest update on 7-Nov-15. We will keep adding new content, so that our students have something to look forward to
All our students (Makerdemy brand) get VIP pricing ($8) for all our new courses. We have 10 courses under our brand and will be releasing a new course every 2 months.
This is an introductory course about the credit card sized computer Raspberry Pi. This course is ideal for those who are interested in exploring the possibilities of Raspberry Pi as a computer. The course does not assume any prior knowledge on computers or programming. However, a knowledge of Linux operating system and Python programming language would greatly help you in getting up to speed.
If you do not know Linux or Python, no need to worry. The course has sections that cover the basics of Linux and Python to get you started.
Small as it is, The Raspberry Pi packs quite a punch. The course will teach you to hook up the Pi with a key board and monitor so that you can use it as a low cost computer. You will also learn how to interact with the hardware of the Pi, something that you normally do not do with your home computer or laptop.
You will learn from 2 complete projects. The first one teaches you how to write a software program to make the most of your Raspberry Pi, using the Python language.
The second project involves learning how to control the Raspberry Pi hardware using a computer program written in Python. You will hook the Pi up with a Christmas tree light and will use your program to create various lighting patterns. Sounds exciting?
Jump in straight ahead!
The course provides complete code for both the above mentioned projects.
The entire course can be completed over a period of 2 hours, including the hardware assembly for the Christmas tree light project.
By the end of this course, you will learn how to boot and wire up a Raspberry Pi. You will also have learnt how to write your own python code to make the Raspberry Pi do some really cool things.
- This is an introductory course meant for those who are interested in exploring the Raspberry Pi. While a knowledge of Linux operating system and Python programming language will be helpful, it is not required to follow this course. The basics of Linux and Python will be taught as a part of this course.
- What will you learn from this course01:04
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi05:26
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi 210:02
- Download and transfer NOOBS to SD card04:42
- Install and configure Raspbian OS04:17
- Raspberry Pi Basics3 questions
- Introduction to Linux05:33
- Python basics - Mathematical operations and Print command07:01
- Python basics - Control flow and decision making statement06:52
- Python basics - Comparison operator and random function05:15
- Linux and Python3 questions
- Introduction and hardware requirements02:27
- Circuit diagram: LEDs blinking1 page
- Program the LEDs03:42
- Source Code - LEDS Blinking00:05
- Real time demonstration - LEDs blinking00:30
- Guess the number game - Get the player name03:47
- Guess the number game - Restrict player attempts04:38
- Guess the number game - Run the program04:54
- Guess the number game - Error debugging02:33
- Source code : Guess the number game00:18
- Game Building3 questions
- Know your Christmas lights01:31
- How the Christmas light circuit works03:13
- Assembling the hardware for Christmas lights03:27
- Circuit Diagram : Christmas Light1 page
- Begin the code03:19
- Code for lights - Pattern RGB05:20
- Code for lights - Pattern ONE BY ONE05:42
- Code for lights - Pattern RUNNING07:27
- Code for lights - Call the user defined function05:31
- Error debugging and running the project03:29
- Source code : Christmas light program02:06
- Christmas lights3 questions
- Bonus content : Introduction to Omxplayer02:02
- Bonus content : OXMplayer key bindings1 page
- Bonus content : Omxplayer installation and video files access01:54
- Bonus content : Introduction to Libre Office00:56
- Bonus content : Installation and application of Libre Office01:51
Venkatesh Varadachari is the founder of MAKERDEMY, a pioneer maker education company head-quartered in Singapore.
Venkatesh believes that knowledge should be made available to people in all walks of life. Venkatesh also believes in the power of education to transform lives.
Venkatesh has an MBA from the prestigious Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
He also has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Madras University and a Masters in Financial Engineering from National University of Singapore.
Satyajeet is a passionate technology enthusiast and is excited about the possibility of impacting education through technology. Satyajeet holds a Masters in Computer Applications from VIT, one of the premier engineering institutes in India. He is a product engineer and spends his time creating exciting courses around the credit card sized Raspberry Pi.