Introduction to Python
- 9.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The Python Programming Language
- Data Types
- Assignment Statements
- Working with Operators
- IF Statements
- Command Line Arguments
- Handling Exceptions
- and More
- This program is for all wanting to learn the Python Programming Language
Python is developed under an OSI-approved open source license, making it freely usable and distributable, even for commercial use. Python is a general-purpose programming language. Created nearly 30 years ago, it is now one of the most popular languages out there to use. Its popularity is particularly important in the data science and machine learning fields. But it is also a language that is easy to learn, and that’s why it has become the language most taught in universities.
Python interpreters are available for the main operating systems as well (Linux, Mac OS, Windows, Android, iOS, BSD, etc.) so it’s very flexible in where it is used. Python has a simple syntax that makes it suitable for learning to program as a first language. The learning curve is smoother than other languages such as Java, which quickly requires learning about Object Oriented Programming or C/C++ that require understanding pointers. Still, it's possible to learn about OOP or functional programming in Python when the time comes.
Where is Python Used?
• Web Development, using the frameworks Django, Flask, Pylons
• Data Science and Visualization using Numpy, Pandas, and Matplotlib
• Machine learning with Tensorflow and Scikit-learn
• Desktop applications with PyQt, Gtk, wxWidgets and many more
• Mobile applications using Kivy or BeeWare
• Education: Python is a great language to learn to program!
How much can you make?
The average salary for a Python Developer is $117,155 per year in the United States. You can just search for Python jobs and see the ranges from $20/hr to over $40/hr
This course will teach you and show you the basics of Python programming. We will go over concepts like loops, variables, operators, syntax and coding practices. With each module, we will build upon your knowledge from the previous module. This reinforces all the concepts along the way and at the end of some modules, you will work on exercises to prove to yourself you can do this.
After taking this course you will be ready to move on to a move advanced course allowing you to build on the foundation this course provides. You will be making more sophisticated and more robust programs in no time using your new skills.
- Anyone and everyone wanting to learn the Python Programming Language