Introduction to Python 3
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 2 Practice Tests
- 8 coding exercises
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the latest version of the python programming language
- Write well-tested code that other people can use
- Learn how to use a high-level programming language to solve real-world computing problems
A step-by-step guide on how to install python on your Windows System.
A step-by-step guide on how to install python on your Linux System.
A step-by-step guide on how to install python on your OS X System.
Learn about the Python programming language, its history, and write your first python program
This multiple choice quiz will test your grasp of all of the material covered in this course, so far. You need to answer at least 60% of these questions correctly to pass the test. You have 30 minutes to answer the quiz, so take your time.
Duration: 30 minutes
Minimum Score to pass (percentage): 60
This multiple choice quiz will test your grasp of all of the material covered in this course. You need to answer at least 60% of these questions correctly to pass the test. You have 50 minutes to answer the quiz, so take your time.
Duration: 50 minutes
Minimum Score to pass (percentage): 60
- Knowledge of high school mathematics (India: 10-12th standard)
- Desktop computer (1GB RAM, 10 GB free Hard Disk Space)
- Computer should be running: 1. Recent Version of MS Windows or 2. Linux Variant or 3. MacOS
- Basic understanding of how computers work (eg, CPU, memory, disk storage etc.)
Python is now the fastest growing programming language in the world, and rapidly rising to the top to become the most popular.
Starting as a niche scripting language, it has evolved over the years to become a much loved and powerful general purpose programming language. It finds use in all walks of life, from web services to embedded systems, from data analysis to artificial intelligence. Most university level engineering and science students must have a grasp of python for numerical and data analysis tasks. Software professionals must also quickly scale up their familiarity with python as it makes rapid strides in the corporate world. Tech majors from Google to IBM, Microsoft, Amazon and Facebook now use python.
This course aims to provide a solid grounding in python for those students who have some understanding of computer programming or already know another programming language. Working professionals who have some familiarity with computer programming or are experts in other programming languages will also benefit from this course. Even if you have already done some programming in python, this course can help you refresh your knowledge and solidify your grasp of the language. The syllabus is modeled after programming languages courses taught in most prestigious universities around the world.
What this course will cover:
Numbers and Strings
Variables, Statements and Expressions
Lists and Dictionaries
Control Flow and Looping
Sets and Tuples
File and Console I/O
Python Objects and Namespaces
Object Oriented Programming
The Python Standard Library
Testing and Debugging
The course lectures are organized into Sections. Each Lecture has in-lecture Quizzes, and each Section has a Coding Exercise. There are 2 practice tests -- a mid-term exam and a final exam.
Only the Practice Tests and Coding Exercises are graded.
Lectures also include more than 150 live demonstrations of actual python code snippets to explain every concept.
So join this course now, and open the door to new avenues, skills and career opportunities.
Enroll Now! Refer a friend and earn gifts! For details, contact email@example.com.
- Beginner computer programmers curious about the python programming language
- Programmers familiar with one of more programming languages other than python
- Professionals and University Students from non-computing disciplines who require Python skills
- Python developers looking to sharpen their skills
- Undergraduate or first year college students
- India: 10-12th standard students, FY/SY Engineering, FY/SY BSc/BCom/BCS etc students.