Introduction to Predictive Analytics on SAP HANA
What you'll learn
- Identify the various modelling tools available in SAP Predictive Analytics and apply the best tool for the use case.
- Use SAP HANA Predictive Analytics Library models.
- Create SAP HANA Predictive Analytics Library models.
- Create and use HANA AP in SAP BW
- Use Lumira and to visualize HANA data.
- The following software is used in the course. It would be helpful to have access to these tools to complete the course: SAP HANA, SAP BW on HANA, Eclipse Neon, Lumira,
- Basic knowledge of development in SAP HANA recommended but not required.
- Basic knowledge of development in SAP BW recommended.
*** This course requires a access to an SAP HANA System.**
This Entry Level to Intermediate SAP HANA Predictive Analytics course will help you master many important techniques to start creating sophisticated, predictive analytics applications that utilize the power of SAP HANA and Business Intelligence.
The course is designed so that you can master all the techniques gradually, starting from basic and relatively simple techniques before moving on to the more demanding techniques that Business Intelligence Professionals use to create predictive analytics applications for their customers.
The course will take you step by step through the process of creating the required HANA objects, such as tables, views and predictive analytics SQL scripts. In particular, from this course you will learn:
Fundamentals of the Predictive Analytics Library,
The structures involved, such as HANA Tables, Views, PAL SQL procedures and more,
A comparison of the raw PAL SQL code with the HANA Analytical Processes available in SAP BW by creating the comparable HANA AP in BW,
Integrating Predictive Analytics into SAP BW and SAP Lumira
This course assumes no knowledge of the HANA Predictive Analytics Library.
BW and HANA experience would be helpful.
What this course is not:
This course does not cover every single Predictive Analytics algorithm. It covers enough of the algorithms for you to get comfortable with using them and apply the techniques to any other functions. Covering all algorithms will result in a high level of repetition without any real value.
What sets this course apart from anything available on other platforms is the fact that it covers the integration and application of the Predictive Analytics Library with the various other SAP BW and visualization platforms.
This course will always expend so check back regularly for updates and more content, for example, integration of PAL into SAP BPC Embedded, more case studies for Regression Algorithms, Text Analytics and more!
Who this course is for:
- SAP professionals looking to expand their skills into SAP HANA Predictive Analytics.
- Non-SAP data mining experts who would like an overview of SAP HANA and its data mining and predictive analytics tools.
- Anyone interested in Data Mining and Predictive Analytics.
I am a SAP certified CO, BW and BPC consultant. I started implementing SAP FI/CO in version 3.1h and completed more than 20 projects over the last 18 years, usually as the technical or functional lead.
Data Mining in SAP has been a specialization of mine ever since my first introduction to BW (SEM BPS, BPC classic and Embedded, BI-IP).
I hope to use this experience to enable you to design sophisticated, integrated data mining applications for your business.