Introduction to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder- Certificate
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- What is PTSD?
- How is PTSD diagnosed?
- What are the symptoms of PTSD?
- Who is likely to get PTSD?
- Why do some people (who have experienced trauma) develop PTSD and others do not?
- Overview of treatments for PTSD
- Prescribed medicines often used for PTSD
- Trauma focused therapy for PTSD
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for CBT
- An interest in the area of PTSD and/or mental health generally
In this course we look at what is PTSD?, the causes of PTSD, the treatments for PTSD, How we can support the client with PTSD in a professional and effective manner, Psychotherapy and pharmaceutical treatments for PTSD, evidence about the likely prognosis of PTSD, Who is likely to get PTSD and why. It is a largely lecture based, with presentations by myself Kevin O'Doherty, together with lots of narrated PowerPoint slides. There are also resources for your use.
- Beginners and intermediate